Dealing with Ebay buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragonslayer913

Legend
5.00 star(s)
I charge $4.75 shipping beings everyone else does but depending on value of card I'll charge $1.00 mailed in a PWE

So tonight I sell a 21 Heritage Heritage Chrome Refractor Mookie Betts shipping $4.75

Get message from buyer
Buyer Hey Boss can I get it shipped for a $1.00
Me: Shipping is $4.75 in a bubble mailer don't trust post office
Buyer: You have other listing for a $1.00 shipping
Me-Yeah those have a value of around $2-$5
Yet to get his response

I love when buyers bid on an auction w/o reading the details shipping costs

What am worried about is the feedback from the buyer should I be ???

First, isn't that a conversation for a buyer to have BEFORE bidding (if at all).
Second, as a buyer, given the vagaries of the USPS lately, if I'm, spending a decent amount on a card, I would want to be sure that: 1.) I receive it, and 2.) that it is not damaged in transit.
I think you are spot on. If he has an issue with your S&H charges then he should not have bid. If he leaves negative feedback, he's a jerk (I know that doesn't help you), but anyone reading the review can figure that out.
Finally, I suppose you could tell him you'll ship it for $ 1.00 PWE, AT HIS RISK! NO COMPLAINTS IF IT COMES DAMAGED OR DOESNT ARRIVE. See what he says then!
Frank

First, isn't that a conversation for a buyer to have BEFORE bidding (if at all).
Second, as a buyer, given the vagaries of the USPS lately, if I'm, spending a decent amount on a card, I would want to be sure that: 1.) I receive it, and 2.) that it is not damaged in transit.
I think you are spot on. If he has an issue with your S&H charges then he should not have bid. If he leaves negative feedback, he's a jerk (I know that doesn't help you), but anyone reading the review can figure that out.
Finally, I suppose you could tell him you'll ship it for $ 1.00 PWE, AT HIS RISK! NO COMPLAINTS IF IT COMES DAMAGED OR DOESNT ARRIVE. See what he says then!
Frank
What is this Ebay envelope ? for 93¢ is it a label with tracking does the post office even except this? I haven't sold on Ebay in almost 3 years

I do not sell on eBay, so am not totally familiar, but I believe it recently began to offer (Require?) Sellers to use its own shipping service which includes service using their own envelope. No idea how when it applies of works.

David -- About six months ago (or so) Ebay started this tracking service for sellers to use pwe shipping. Though Ebay recommends their cardboard mailer quite a few sellers just use a regular envelope.

With this partial tracking is provided. The tracking number is 12 digits and will look like this:

eBay Delivery Services tracking #ESUS65086937

The number portion of this tracking will be different but it will always start ESUS.

The good and bad? Yes, the post office does accept it but no, the post office does not track it. Which means you cannot enter it into the USPS tracking site and when you click on the number itself it will show something like this:

• Nov 12, 2021 2:35pm Delivered 62881
  • Nov 11, 2021 7:59pm Out for Delivery SAINT LOUIS, MO 63155
  • Nov 11, 2021 2:22pm Out for Delivery SAINT LOUIS, MO 63155
  • Nov 11, 2021 7:12am Destination processing SAINT LOUIS, MO 63155
  • Nov 8, 2021 10:47pm Origin Processing ALBANY, NY 12288
  • Nov 8, 2021 10:12pm In Transit
  • ALBANY, NY 12288 Nov 7, 2021 6:28am Tracking number provided
The above is an actual card I recently purchased with Ebay tracking. When you click on the tracking number it reads from bottom to top. Now the problem is that it can only be tracked to the destination city until it reads as "delivered". Meaning it has "out for delivery" in St. Louis. However I do not live in St. Louis (I live in Salem , IL)...... which did freak me out the first time I bought something! Regular Paypal shipping is tracked via USPS through every point and every city (which you already know)

I have purchased from sellers using this Ebay tracking several times now and I have received every card I have ever purchased every single time. Every....single....time!

Hopefully this helps at least a little.

Take care,
Karl

Btw, I believe it's recommened for 1-2 cards but I've had a seller send a total of 7 cards this way. I was a bit nervous when I realized what he was doing, but they did all arrive safely. These were shipped in the cardboard mailer though. (the label will fit onto a pwe.)

What is this Ebay envelope ? for 93¢ is it a label with tracking does the post office even except this? I haven't sold on Ebay in almost 3 years
I do the 93 cent thing a lot. It's very easy, just a label to put on any envelope, up to 3 ounces. makes it much easier to sell cheap cards on ebay.

I do the 93 cent thing a lot. It's very easy, just a label to put on any envelope, up to 3 ounces. makes it much easier to sell cheap cards on ebay.
Definitely a lot cheaper. I've never sold anything this way but I've purchased several cards that use this shipping method.

Right on cue, the mail lady delivers! I literally just received this pwe w/Ebay tracking. I included the shipping cost and pictures of the cards. Five cards were just in sleeves and team bag. No cardboard or top loaders, just wrapped in the invoice for $1.00 shipping. Most envelopes arrive a bit cleaner, but cards are great.

Attachments

• IMG_20211116_132529.jpg
    IMG_20211116_132529.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20211116_132642.jpg
    IMG_20211116_132642.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20211116_132935.jpg
    IMG_20211116_132935.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 13
Looking at the postmark on the envelope you will see this one only cost him .73c. I believe if it were only one card (or lighter weight) you can ship it for .53c

Right on cue, the mail lady delivers! I literally just received this pwe w/Ebay tracking. I included the shipping cost and pictures of the cards. Five cards were just in sleeves and team bag. No cardboard or top loaders, just wrapped in the invoice for $1.00 shipping. Most envelopes arrive a bit cleaner, but cards are great.
I just mailed off cards all in top loaders I charge $1.00 shipping for low end cards under $10 as a buyer no way I would even consider
mailing like that

I just mailed off cards all in top loaders I charge $1.00 shipping for low end cards under $10 as a buyer no way I would even consider
mailing like that
I like to beleive most sellers do, but every now and then you get this. Fortunately the cards arrived safely.

I also now donate 10% to 5 charities St.Judes/ Ronald McDonald House Charities/ V Foundation for Cancer Research / Alzheimers Association and the Make A Wish Foundation ---by doing this there is no final sales fees would rather donate to the charities above then to give it to Ebay they already make millions

I also do 1 day auctions what's the point in doing 7 days people bid when the item is first listed and 1 minute before it ends it costs
a $1.00 now low end items I will do the 7 days

Last edited:
I also now donate 10% to 5 charities St.Judes/ Ronald McDonald House Charities/ V Foundation for Cancer Research / Alzheimers Association and the Make A Wish Foundation ---by doing this there is no final sales fees would rather donate to the charities above then to give it to Ebay they already make millions

I also do 1 day auctions what's the point in doing 7 days people bid when the item is first listed and 1 minute before it ends it costs
a $1.00 now low end items I will do the 7 days
That's great! I did not know that there are no final fees when giving to a charity.
What feedback do you post ? neutral cards arrived but the shipping can be better that's what I would post if it were me
On this one I gave a positive with a neutral comment similar to what you just said....
"cards arrived but the shipping can be better".

I've also had great success with the eBay envelope. Usually it ends up being under $1 to ship. You can even put it in a bubble envelope if it's light enough.

Received a message from a buyer who was unable to pay for an auction here is there message...

I am a huge jets fan and I really wanted this card and because of that I bid recklessly on my part and now I am unable to pay for this card.
Sorry for this and I hope you can understand

Now this comes 5 days after the auction ended so I did a 2nd chance offer to to the bidder who came in "2nd" hopefully they'll reply
and let me know either way gave them 24hrs to respond