Dealing with Ebay buyer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

For eBay I figure my shipping into asking price and offer free shipping on everything that will clear up problems like that and you don't get hit with shipping charges from eBay.

Ebay charges you on the total value of the deal including S&H, and tax if required. The pwes using their model get scanned at the distribution facilities but not by carriers (or the local PO's)

Late to the conversation, but there are a lot of positives for the Ebay Standard Trading Card shipping option. They max out the value of the sale at $20. A lot of people might think a $20 is pricy, while the reality is, at least for ebay, $20 is a drop in the bucket. The earlier post describing the service was outstanding. I find that I see cards I bought showing delivered sometimes several days before they actually show up. I am still sitting with only 1 item that failed to arrive since they started doing this service. The item turned out to be an ACEO print card, so the seller just made another and replaced my lost one, so I am essentially at 100%.

It's frustrating as a buyer to know this option is available and the cost is .71 for the first ounce if I recall and around .93 for the 2nd (I have the message ebay sent with the price increase saved), yet so many are unaware or won't even consider using it. At over $4 to ship a 1st class mailer, it makes no sense NOT to use this service for cheap card. Even if a few do end up lost, the amount of sales on cheaper cards has to balance that out.

I am nearly ready to pull off ebay because of the ridiculous cost of paying individual sellers $4-5 to ship each card I buy. Then I also have to pay my State sales tax and I am adding another 10% to my purchase price. It's become cost prohibitive to shop singles on ebay and this new method opens a door to go back to buying cheap singles (under $20) if people would just get on board with it.

Agree totally. Only "issue" I have as a seller is if the card "could" go for 20-30. Do I want to take a chance with .53 or suck it up and make sure it gets there well protected. Not that big of an issue really but...

Actually, that didn't express exactly what I meant. If I sell a card for 19.99, I can ship for .53. If it goes for 20.25, I don't think I even have the option and have to do the bubble mailer using their system.

What I can't understand if lets say a high bid is $20.00 I bid is made of $25.00 but the high bid is $21.00 why not $25.00 what the bid actually
was last night I sold a Mark Scheifele Auto 1/1 at the 1 min mark high bid was $94.00 within the 0000001 of a second 3 bids (snioe) came
in card sold for $319 but looking the bid history it showed high bid at $94.00 when the bid was actually $200.00 so if say no more bids 'were
placed would the card have sold for $94 or $200.00 ??

This week I had a seller charge me $5 for shipping, and then ship using the eBay $1 envelope option.

I asked for a refund of the difference and it looks like he's refusing to do so.

I hate people.

The way Ebay is set up there is a minimum of $1 bid increase (if I remember correctly) so if the current bid is $20 and that was that bidders maximum bid and I enter my maxium bid of $25 the bid is only going to increase to $21 until someone else bids on it. If the current bidder had placed a maximum bid of $200 on it and I placed a $25 bid it would jump from $20 to $26 because they have already outbid me. In your example the card would sell for $94 because the maximum amount the bidder placed was not reached. Think about a live auction where there is the back and forth until they reach the maximum they are wlling to spend except Ebay allows you to put your maximum in up front and then as others bid it goes up to just over the others persons last bid.