December 2020 showoff thread!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My brother just sent me an article last week about how much those 1970 Topps All Star cards book for with a high PSA grade due to centering issues with those particular cards. The article (posted below) talks about the 10 most expensive 1970 Topps cards when they recieve high PSA grades. I would have thought the 10 most expensive high grade 1970s would have paralelled with theprices in Beckett but that was not the case.

10 Most Valuable 1970 Topps Baseball Cards | Old Sports Cards

Off the top of my head I would have thought the top 10 most expensive high grade PSA cards from that set would have included the Ryan, the Munson RC, the Bench, Mays and Rose regular cards for starters. Out of those 5 only the Munson RC and the Ryan are in the top 10. The regular Bench is about $80 in Beckett and his All Star is $15 but as you can see below those same cards with a high PSA grade are totally reversed in value. For example the regular Bench card #660 (a high number) is $600 as a PSA 9 where the Bench All Star #464 is a $2500 at the same grade!!!

1970 Topps Baseball Cards - PSA SMR Price Guide (psacard.com)

I guess my point is if you can find any raw NM 1970 Topps All Star cards they'd be wrth picking up and sending them in to PSA. I never knew those cards had centering issues like the 1979 Topps Ozzie Smith RC famously does.

Last edited:
My brother just sent me an article last week about how much those 1970 Topps All Star cards book for with a high PSA grade due to centering issues with those particular cards. The article (posted below) talks about the 10 most expensive 1970 Topps cards when they recieve high PSA grades. I would have thought the 10 most expensive high grade 1970s would have paralelled with theprices in Beckett but that was not the case.

10 Most Valuable 1970 Topps Baseball Cards | Old Sports Cards

Off the top of my head I would have thought the top 10 most expensive high grade PSA cards from that set would have included the Ryan, the Munson RC, the Bench, Mays and Rose regular cards for starters. Out of those 5 only the Munson RC and the Ryan are in the top 10. The regular Bench is about $80 in Beckett and his All Star is $15 but as you can see below those same cards with a high PSA grade are totally reversed in value. For example the regular Bench card #660 (a high number) is $600 as a PSA 9 where the Bench All Star #464 is a $2500 at the same grade!!!

1970 Topps Baseball Cards - PSA SMR Price Guide (psacard.com)

I guess my point is if you can find any raw NM 1970 Topps All Star cards they'd be wrth picking up and sending them in to PSA. I never knew those cards had centering issues like the 1979 Topps Ozzie Smith RC famously does.
Good info. Also try finding a centered 78 eddie murray rookie. That'll set ya back too.

Yesterdays mail.

Attachments

• Scan_20201204 (2).jpg
    Scan_20201204 (2).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 14
  • Scan_20201204.jpg
    Scan_20201204.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Scan_20201205.jpg
    Scan_20201205.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 16
A unique Fergie auto card with an old non baseball photo of him. That makes it a much more interesting card to me. Nice Maz too!!

2010 panini century collection is one of my all time favorite sets. Lots of hall of famers with non baseball pics.

1/1 are nice ......but even nicer are the purple ones with an auto from the 2008 UpperDeck Heroes....see below!! Happy Holidays, David PS Purples rarely show up on ebay!! There serial to only 5!! ....I have his Blue auto/gu serial to 10! His Black auto/gu patch serial to 25! His Red auto/gu serial to 25! and His light brown auto serial to 25! Now I have his Purple auto serial 5!!

Last edited:
Very nice card David. Love the look of the purple.

Dennis;
I logged off the Bench around 8:00 PM and was doing a last check of ebay for my personal stuff and there is was and 19 people were watching it......the price was right....normally it should have been around $200.00 to $400.00 .....U rarely see any of the HOF purples on ebay....I check for it almost every day.....My Ken Griffey Jr. I got from a fellow bench member in England.....cost me a Nolan Ryan auto serial to 10 plus $150.00. I saw it and clicked on my Christmas gift to myself! Happy Holidays, David