December Pickups...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metsman1986

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Love this set for some reason, the design looks so "clean".....

nomar

Meliah.......The Garciaparra is a 2003 Topps Series 2............There are two more that I need, the Trademark Series (#/100) and the Prime Cuts Series (#/50)..........The autographed ones I'm not even considering..............The Pine Tar Series is #/200..........

porkchops...........Nice vintage Geronimo!

scc76...........Thanks Stanley!

Meliah.......The Garciaparra is a 2003 Topps Series 2............There are two more that I need, the Trademark Series (#/100) and the Prime Cuts Series (#/50)..........The autographed ones I'm not even considering..............The Pine Tar Series is #/200..........

porkchops...........Nice vintage Geronimo!

scc76...........Thanks Stanley!

Don't remember that insert series at all...darn retail:)

Picked up some non sport vintage will post a few.

1915 Westminster

1939 Mars

72324107-4664-4fa2-9843-bc63400097b8_zps1c86948d.jpg

1953 Post Cereal

1952 Holland Maple Leaf Gum

cccc2e9f-4d24-4b14-8910-7e579cdbc2ba_zps1af4c6df.jpg

Last edited:
Metsman, one nice pine tar card.....

Porkchop, love the Geronimo card, the vicious character typing is certainly one sided given the U.S. Calvary ***** and killed his wife and brother while he was a medicine man, before he even took to the war path in a blind vengeance..... thanks for sharing.

Picked up a few Dilfers for the collection recently:

98metalpmgnno.jpg98metalgemmasternno.jpg
1998 Metal Universe Precious Metal Gems and Gem Masters unnumbered bankruptcy/backdoored cards...the originals are /50 and /1

14certblue.jpg14certred.jpg
And Dilfer is in some new sets in 2014, the first cards of him since 2008. So now I have to deal with all of these ultra low-numbered parallels and it's kind of killing my completion percentage. These two are 02/25 and 11/49. I missed out on a Green/5 from this same set because I hadn't been checking ebay often enough and it only sold for $13, ugh. Missed out on a /5 auto from another set because the other active major Dilfer collector got the seller to cancel my bid and end the auction early to sell it to him, I thought that was real classy. Missed out on a 1/1 auto because the same guy overpaid on it, $250! LOL he can have it for that much.

And the new centerpiece of my Trent Dilfer collection (only paid $225 for this):

miscjersey92freedomf.jpgmiscjersey92freedomb.jpg

1992 Freedom Bowl game-used jersey...this was the biggest game in Fresno State history, where they defeated USC 24-7. I remember watching it when I was a kid, so I am really thrilled to own this.

Have not shared anything in quite a while, mainly because I have been in a slow period and nothing I get seems all that exciting outside of my own mind anyway. This may have a little more appeal as there are eight subjects instead of one.

I didn't think I would ever own this card. The 2/2 showed up a while back when the product was new and the seller was asking something like $5K OBO for it! The price slowly dropped and I believe it eventually actually sold. I wrote it down at the time, but I am not finding it at the moment. It was quite a bit less than the opening price if I remember correctly. For that matter, there were a couple other low numbered, multiplayer cards that I thought would be tough as well, but I guess I either got lucky or this truly bombed big time. Maybe a little of both. I really don't even like the set. The lack of logos/photos is a plus and minus at the same time in this case though, as it this card did have them, I doubt I would own it now. I know there is someone on the BO site that is trying to build the set if you can believe it!! I guess it is a great way to score a lot of sticker autographs in one spot at least. To each their own. I have one link and one link only to this set and that is probably obvious by looking at the cards I have, if you don't already know my collecting interests.

Here are the others I already had:

Here is the new addition to the family and my first share in months: