Decent day at Legends Game!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abeabe

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Well I had a goal of getting 175 of 255 cards I had with me signed, I hit half that goal. A few players let you rack them, including brooks robinson, ricky bones and jay johnstone, others were not signing at all or 1 per. Most unfriendlly award goes to Willie Horton, several others too but I did get ultra lucky with a few players as I had to fumble through all the yankees cards for Roy White who then proceeded to still only sign 1 of 3 in a much tighter, quicker sig then when Ive gotten him in the past. It was a charity game, you would expect players to atleast be somewhat accomidating, and some were, but all the big names other then brooks were being tough to get. We did have a few suprise un-annouced players like bill spaceman lee, mickey rivers and marlins 97 WS champion catcher Charles Johnson. Only got Johnson on SS, didnt see Lee and wasnt wasting a ROMLb on Rivers and had none of his cards, since I wasnt expecting him. Anyway the huge hits were the brooks robinson w/HOF SS and Charles Johnson SS, aswell as cards signed by al downing, minnie minoso, bert campeneres and HOF from womens baseball Pepper Davis with HOF inscrip, she is in a wheel chair and I was honored that a police officer took my card onto field to get signed, as she was not getting near any of us in her condition and oil can boyd was ultra tough, but persistence pays off, told me no 5-6x before he agreed to sign 1 in parking lot after game. Pics to come!!
1_brooks_full_hof.jpg

1_johnson.jpg

Last edited:
Thats weird about Horton, I met him once at Fort Benning. He came down with Edwin Jackson last year when he was still with Detroit. Horton signed baseball and handed out his own cards.

You did tell me tigsfan!!! When you 1 on 1 with only 2 cards, you figure you have a good shot, but he barely acknowledged me other then shaking his head, no.