deleting threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shig

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Inspired by the thread about spamming...

Why is it that users are unable to delete their own threads?

There is no need to delete a thread that had a use at one point. It will fall off into archives if no one responds. It also affects the post counts of all members in the thread. I have been a moderator for over 15 years and have never deleted a thread for non-spam purposes. Just let them disappear and save everyone the hassle (you can unsubscribe from thread to ignore it as well)

Functionality probably doesn't exist for this reason.

Just edit the title of the thread to “Delete” or something to that nature.

If you are done with a thread, I would report the thread and ask to have it locked. That will prevent anyone posting to the thread. In addition you can edit the title as Rabs said to let people know they should not waste their time. Other options are sold or completed.

Last edited:
As far as I know, only moderators are able to delete threads. Whenever there is a request I get to it as soon as I can. I am onhere quite often so I get to it fairly soon (in my opinion). The only problem I see with deleting threads is that you will lose your thread count whenever it is deleted. Anybody who posted on that thread will lose theirs also. I am not sure how much it matters but it may matter to some.

Hope this helps.

Bryon