Diamond Anniversary success rates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim815

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Most of my Diamond Anneverary codes, I have traded. Due to something ending up where it shouldn't have, I submitted one code that was still valid. Long story short, I got a mid-70's common, and my 'dig' got me a virtual ring.

So, since I won an Auction on EBay, I'm getting two more 'unused' codes. While I'd prefer trading to submitting, I think on these two, I'd be better off busting them myself, as I wouldn't want someone else having to tell me someone lied to me. If they're valid, I'll take a shot, seeing as the code cards were not a major part of why I pounced on the "Buy It Now" option.

My questions are (for those of you who have reached 'relative sample size'), What are the odds of uncovering a legitimate keeper of a new card (not counting a card from the fifties of uncertain condition)? What are the odds on unearthing a ring (virtual or real), or some of the shiny new cards? I'm not actively in the market, mind you But I'd consider dumping 12 bucks Paypal on ten codes.

If prices drop low enough, and the odds are high enough, I might buy another box. Or, troll for low enough prices on uncancelled codes.

I'm 1-1 on the Ring angle. Pirates, if that would help you any. I'd swap it to help you get to sixty.

Tim -
This has been my experience:
63 codes unlocked, 63 virtual rings dug up (missing Mantle, like most everyone else)

I unlocked 3 Diamond die cut cards (Heath Bell, Ryne Sandberg and Sandy Koufax). I was offered many bad trades but one good one that I accpted for the Koufax Diamond die cuts of Chipper, David Ortiz, Ryan Braun and Starlin Castro.

It's a fun little game, but like most "breaks" not an investment.

What did you get with the sixtieth diffrent ring? And thanks.

I think Topps should do something more with this in the future, other than giving out retread cards.

What did you get with the sixtieth diffrent ring? And thanks.

I think Topps should do something more with this in the future, other than giving out retread cards.

If I remember correctly you get an actual 60th anniversary ring from Topps.

Last edited:
I have redeemed about 10 codes and did not get a single card worth shipping to me. I think my best cards were a mid-70's common and a 1986 Reggie Jackson, everything else was mid-80's to mid-90's commons/semistars.
Richard

to me its just a topps purchase ploy gymic and all the codes i got this year ive sold off on the bay. wsnt really impressed last year and figured id make some money instead of spending money on more junk i dont need.

to me its just a topps purchase ploy gymic and all the codes i got this year ive sold off on the bay. wsnt really impressed last year and figured id make some money instead of spending money on more junk i dont need.

I actually liked the die cuts this year, much better looking than I expected.

I got to 46 codes, traded the rings to get to 45 different to get the Anniversary set, figured I'd stop before the 60 since the odds of getting the Mantle ring are next to none, Card wise I got 2 Die Cuts (Reggie and Chipper) and a bunch of misc common type cards, best was probably a 1981 Jim Rice. Nothing huge, but it's fun to take a chance, kind of like some of those old scratch off game cards Topps used to put in packs.

I actually liked the die cuts this year, much better looking than I expected.

The diamond die cuts are stunning in hand. I've had a lot of fun this year with the Diamond Giveaway. Doesn't look like next years giveaway will be as good IMO.