Diamond Cast Cards????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbus12

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
What is the big deal about the DCC cards? I've seen some on ebay for $.99 and I've seen some for up to $75. I know there are people out there trying to make a lot of money off cards, so I'm assuming that's why they have them up so high.

I got a 2011 DCC Torii Hunter through the Diamond Giveaway and someone wants to trade me a 1960 Rookie Jim Donohue, BV $4. I love old cards, so I want to do it. But, am I getting a good value? I don't care about the money, as I'm a card collector. Any help would be appreciated and thanks.

Go for it. BV is somewhat of a crock, as rarely do you get (anywhere near) BV for anything. I think the Diamond cards look cool, but it's in the eye of the beholder.

I wish more people collected. My two cents.

Beckett lists the Hunter at a book value of $12 and the only Hunter that sold on Ebay went for $10.55.

Seems to me you would be getting the short end of the deal. I would try to get a little more and I'm sure the other trader would be willing to give it up.

Also what s the condition on the Jim Donohue card? It only books for $4.00 if it is Near Mint and I'm guessing it's probably not near mint.

They sell well on eBay, regardless of book value.

I have a Rickey and at the time I redeemed it copies had sold on eBay for $40-50.

The bigger names and the black die-cuts (those where the diamond on the front looks dark, almost like a purple color) can go for good money.

Thanks for the input guys. I don't know the condition of the Donohue card. Its one of the Topps redeemable cards, so its whatever they pull out of the vault. I got some good ones last year, and some mediocre ones, so it just depends. I'll probably wait for a better deal then. I don't care about the money, but I would love to get a couple of older cards for it.

This was a helpful thread for me too.

I've unlocked DCC of Heath Bell and Justin Upton.

Any idea on BV of these...because like has been stated in the thread, I have too numerous offers to mention and many of the cards are vintage.

I believe there is a thread in the price check area with a list of values. It may be a few weeks or a month old, though.