Did my good deed for the week...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
So I went to my LCS to pick up some A&G set needs (101 cards, including 13 SPs for $10!!) and check out the Chicle that they busted. They had just gotten a Colts Donruss Elite Triple Patch /25 with Manning/Addai/Wayne and I was looking at it. Asked the guy what they wanted for it, was too rich for my blood so I just paid for my set fillers and he put them in a bag and I left. Went to Target to pick up my wife and while I was waiting for her in the parking lot I take a look in my bag and see.......a Donruss Elite Triple Patch /25 with Manning/Addai/Wayne :eek:!!! Apparently the guy at the shop accidentally put it in with my Ginter fillers. After about 1 second of temptation I knew I would be taking it back, so after my wife came to the car we went back and I took it in. Needless to say the guy at the shop was very grateful and hopefully karma will pay it forward!

Sorry for the long read, nothing like that has ever happened to me and I thought I'd share.

Tim

So I went to my LCS to pick up some A&G set needs (101 cards, including 13 SPs for $10!!) and check out the Chicle that they busted. They had just gotten a Colts Donruss Elite Triple Patch /25 with Manning/Addai/Wayne and I was looking at it. Asked the guy what they wanted for it, was too rich for my blood so I just paid for my set fillers and he put them in a bag and I left. Went to Target to pick up my wife and while I was waiting for her in the parking lot I take a look in my bag and see.......a Donruss Elite Triple Patch /25 with Manning/Addai/Wayne :eek:!!! Apparently the guy at the shop accidentally put it in with my Ginter fillers. After about 1 second of temptation I knew I would be taking it back, so after my wife came to the car we went back and I took it in. Needless to say the guy at the shop was very grateful and hopefully karma will pay it forward!

Sorry for the long read, nothing like that has ever happened to me and I thought I'd share.

Tim

Hey Tim
I am very proud of you . Dont worry your good deed will not go unnoticed.
Thanks for sharing that with us. You know what the say Honesty is the best Policy
Later
Tom

you did the right thing. Im sure if you kept it he would of figured that you took the card in the end so you did the right thing. I thought though he would of thrown in a perk for your honesty. A free pack or something like that.

Thanks for all the comments guys. No way I would have kept it, no matter the temptation. Forgot to mention that I was in Louisville, about 40 miles from home. I'm sure if I would have kept it I would have broken down on I71 and had to call a tow, LOL!

Nice move Tim! It had to be tempting though! East End?

Thanks
Craig

Yep. Chase was working.

Boring, we all knew the end to that story you nice guy you:p

Haha! Eh, I don't have too many exciting stories!

way to go Tim...at least you had that awesome card in your pc for a few precious minutes!!!

That's true. I should have taken a picture of it!

you did the right thing. Im sure if you kept it he would of figured that you took the card in the end so you did the right thing. I thought though he would of thrown in a perk for your honesty. A free pack or something like that.

Hmm, that would have been nice...but he had already given me a good deal on the stuff I bought so it's all good.

you find a wallet.....you return it to the owner. To me, a no brainer.

I see you had the same no brainer. Ya did the right thing. Great story.

Paul

P.S. Lets hope Casey was wrong....."Nice guys finish last".....lol

Last edited:
i dont know if carmy will pay you back but the good lord will right it down. wish every body was cool like you