Did this cards grade help it sell like this or what ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldschool

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Was after this dual auto on ebay for my PC and was counting on paying a decent amount for it but i got out bid big time!

http://cgi.ebay.com/U-D-Ultimate-Ma...0619347290?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2a0dc0855a

This card books $80 and sold for $224 plus shipping..Now i know these are kinda rare but none of their autos sell like this..Feller autos are easily and cheap to pick up and Colavitos autos are fairly obtainable at a decent price also..So my question is did this cards grade help it sell ? The grade isnt the best but it does have a 10 grade on the autos...Was it die hard collector of one of these guys or maybe someone needing it for the set ? Or just someone with more money then money then brains ? let me know what you guys think.

My guess (in the old days...you could see who was bidding against you and you could research....what kind of collector their were, set, player, etc) would be someone who does not like losing! Ran into a few and these people were crazy with deep pockets (like the Japaneses about their stars...Ichiro, etc). Best regards, David PS card would be booked at a high $4.00 and their would place a max bid of $36.00 for it!!!

My guess (in the old days...you could see who was bidding against you and you could research....what kind of collector their were, set, player, etc) would be someone who does not like losing! Ran into a few and these people were crazy with deep pockets (like the Japaneses about their stars...Ichiro, etc). Best regards, David PS card would be booked at a high $4.00 and their would place a max bid of $36.00 for it!!!
Yea i use to check the bidders out that was bidding against and it gave me a good ideal of what i was bidding against...To bad ebay made everything private :(

old school you are just lucky joepa go steelers 27 21
hah..me lucky ? No way..I'm about most unlucky person they are..lol
8.5 really isnt a good grade either....that usually makes the BV go down.
i was thinking the same thing but it went from $51 to $224 in about 30 seconds.

Yeah, what is the deal with bidding? I just waaay overbid for a Lindstrom auto that I needed today!

Might have been one of those "I'm gonna put up a really high bid just so i know I win" and then someone else came along and did the same thing - and perhaps someone is feeling like they overpaid by a long shot.

I dont know,i have been seeing alot of cards go for 2-3x BV.....i wanted a brooks robinson auto that booked 25....i was outbid with 40 sec. left...it ended for 68.

i think maybe people are getting excited about spring traing and are buying like crazy,or they are all have nothing to do because of the snow so they blow money on ebay.

Might have been one of those "I'm gonna put up a really high bid just so i know I win" and then someone else came along and did the same thing - and perhaps someone is feeling like they overpaid by a long shot.

If thats the case...It might come up for auction again......by the seller or the buyer. Best regards, David PS if it was Mr. deep pockets with no brains....it won't!