Do I have a right to be annoyed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dacubs?

Pro
4.90 star(s)
I ordered 3 different boxes from blowout on sun night, one of which is a pre-sell (does not release until Jul 28th) so I knew it would not ship until jul 28th , the release date of the product. no prob, I'm willing to wait.

I check in on mon and the release date has been pushed back to aug 13th, well, I don't want my money tied up for 2 more weeks, so I e-mail them to ask to cancel my order and refund my money to my credit card...figured it didn't ship, no biggie.

I get an e-mail response back today that says:

"As a one time courtesy, we will cancel the order, any future orders will be subject to a cancellation/restocking fee"

Now buying electronics at circuit city or best buy and taking them home and returning them, I know there is a restocking fee. If they had shipped and I sent back, I would expect a restocking fee.

But to be told that if I cancel, BEFORE they ship, I would be charged one seems a little ridiculous...

Am I crazy here??

You know it's a lot of work to put the box back on the shelf. Everyone's trying to make a buck these days.

It's especially a pain to have to restock a box that doesn't exist yet. Slippery buggers!

You have the right to feel however you want, but they did do you a favor. It wasn't their fault the product was pushed back and you knew this could happen (because it usually does once or twice).

that's my 2 cents

While I don't agree with calling it a restocking fee, I completely agree with the policy. When you ordered the two boxes that were in stock, it immediately pulled them from their system and making them unavailable for others to purchase. In your case it was only a day later that you called to cancel, so they probably didn't lose out on any sales, but they do have a limited amount of each box available during their weekend specials. I think they did the right thing refunding your money, but see why they have the policy they do.

I can see why you would be annoyed...But they did cancel it and let you know what might happen on any future deals...So I would not let it brother you at all. Let it go and think about what your going to do with the refund! : ) Best regards, David

It is probably more of a deterrent to keep you from ordering something hot and then cancelling it if it cools, buyers remorse or similar games some buyers may try to play. The fee is not for any sort of physical restocking efforts.

While I don't agree with calling it a restocking fee, I completely agree with the policy. When you ordered the two boxes that were in stock, it immediately pulled them from their system and making them unavailable for others to purchase. In your case it was only a day later that you called to cancel, so they probably didn't lose out on any sales, but they do have a limited amount of each box available during their weekend specials. I think they did the right thing refunding your money, but see why they have the policy they do.

DITTO