Dodgers in Cincy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buck1982

Rookie
4.90 star(s)
Made my final trip to Cincinnati for the Dodgers. Didn't expect much when I got there and saw 30-40 people waiting on them including a big group of kids working for some adults. I would say I still did VERY well.

Ken Howell 87 Topps
Steve Lyons 87 Topps
Jeff Weaver 4 cards
Casey Blake 1 card
Juan Castro 1 card
Rafael Furcal 04 Bowman Heritage
Orlando Hudson 3 cards
Eric Karros 1 Replica OMLB
Don Mattingly 1 OMLB, 1 8x10-had everyone line up in a line and signed for everyone
Joe Torre OMLB, card-signed for a good 5 minutes.
Manny Ramirez SI-signed about 15 the whole night so was pretty lucky to get him

Missed out on Pete Rose as my buddy left early and as he was leaving Rose walked in front of him and he was able to get him. I never knew he was there until after the game or probably would have gone down and gotten him.

nice stuff getting a couple of HOFer's. Did Weaver happen to sign any Tigers cards? He was too stuck up to sign when he played for us.;)

Sounds like you did well, congrats!! I was late getting there since my daughter couldn't find all her necessary survival equipment for the drive:confused: . Then I was in line to get her a slice of DeRosa's Pizza and my wife a Bud Light because she "didn't think" when the guy was screaming it in her ear from 6 inches away in the aisle and she didn't get one when she got herself something to eat while returning from the bathroom because she didn't want to possibly spill it on her shirt while carrying it down the steps when McDonald hit his homer:mad: . When Kemp homered, the dude with the Lemon Chills was standing in front of me waiting on his $9 for my wife & daughter a "dessert" so all I saw was the ball flying into the stands :mad: :mad: . As we were walking back to our $15 parking space ( we pay the extra $5 so my daughter doesn't have to walk past the "hobos" who scare her, but she does like the guy with the dred's who plays the drum since he works and is entertaining) there was a smokin' hot blonde Cincinnati PD officer getting on a Harley and my little princess said to her Mom, "Dad's checking that lady cop on the bike out" so I had to hear about it from the wife:eek: ! We then had to eat @ Applebees, and I really don't like Applebees on many levels!! At least we got home and I didn't get a ticket on the drive and that's probably the last game we will get to go to this season, so I will forget about it by next year and take them with me then, as I have sworn them off from sitting near me henceforth:( . By the way, I got no graphs, nor saw my childhood idol Pete Rose. Thanks for letting me vent. Hope all have a great day!!

Sounds like you did well, congrats!! I was late getting there since my daughter couldn't find all her necessary survival equipment for the drive:confused: . Then I was in line to get her a slice of DeRosa's Pizza and my wife a Bud Light because she "didn't think" when the guy was screaming it in her ear from 6 inches away in the aisle and she didn't get one when she got herself something to eat while returning from the bathroom because she didn't want to possibly spill it on her shirt while carrying it down the steps when McDonald hit his homer:mad: . When Kemp homered, the dude with the Lemon Chills was standing in front of me waiting on his $9 for my wife & daughter a "dessert" so all I saw was the ball flying into the stands :mad: :mad: . As we were walking back to our $15 parking space ( we pay the extra $5 so my daughter doesn't have to walk past the "hobos" who scare her, but she does like the guy with the dred's who plays the drum since he works and is entertaining) there was a smokin' hot blonde Cincinnati PD officer getting on a Harley and my little princess said to her Mom, "Dad's checking that lady cop on the bike out" so I had to hear about it from the wife:eek: ! We then had to eat @ Applebees, and I really don't like Applebees on many levels!! At least we got home and I didn't get a ticket on the drive and that's probably the last game we will get to go to this season, so I will forget about it by next year and take them with me then, as I have sworn them off from sitting near me henceforth:( . By the way, I got no graphs, nor saw my childhood idol Pete Rose. Thanks for letting me vent. Hope all have a great day!!

Wow...sounds like a rough trip...and the Reds got smoked too...I park in the civil rights museum garage which is right there by the stadium and it is 4.50 usually...only have to walk over the bridge where Riverfront was.

Wow...sounds like a rough trip...and the Reds got smoked too...I park in the civil rights museum garage which is right there by the stadium and it is 4.50 usually...only have to walk over the bridge where Riverfront was.

It was a day to say the least!! Thanks for the heads up about the Civil Rights Museum parking, is it a "hobo free zone"?:rolleyes: Because that is a requirement when I bring the girls.