Does anyone collect Starting Line Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

don money

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hi,

I was cleaning out some cards and came across a box of Starting Line Up figures still in the box. Guys like Boggs, Mattingly, Bo Jackson, McGwire, Griffey, Jeffries, Mantle/Dimaggio, Mays/McCovey, Canseco, Ozzie Smith, Eric Davis, etc.

Question is, do people still collect these things (loose or in the box)? Ideally, I'd love to sell them, and (again, ideally) would want to get just what I put into them.

If you know, could you please let me know what you think the level of interest might be? If not a complete waste of time, I would list them all individually...

Thanks,

Chris

Trader Rich, sorry just traded my Grace. And Kaester44, sorry no Pucketts. Thanks to you both.

To the rest, the names mentioned above are pretty much the names that I have. Thanks!!

Chris

Hey,

e-mail this guy. [email protected]. His name is Jerry, he deals in the SLUs and McFarland action figures. He lives in Oregon but he always comes up to card shows in the Seattle area. He is very knowledgable about those figures. He might even buy the lot from you. My dad gets all of his McFarland stuff from him. Worth a shot and good luck!!

Matt

The 90 SLU had 2 cards, as did the 93. That Jackson is probably a 90 version.

88 have the red & white card
89 have green borders
90 have 2 cards, one "rookie" and one current card (one black, one yellow)
91 have a yellow card and a coin
92 have card and poster
93 have 2 cards
The rest are probably not worth describing and are not desired, unless it's an extended piece or a SP.

This seller on ebay seems to have just about every type there is, makes for a good reference page.

http://stores.ebay.com/Old-House-Ne...42329014&_sid=758724234&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

The market seems to have crashed for these, although there is select interest in the better pieces usually (first 3-5 years and some of the tougher to find ones/SPs). The cost to ship them is almost not worth the price you tend to get on many, but I think those that buy still would prefer them sealed, so opening them may not be the best idea. Leave that up to the buyer, I say.

I still like the SLUs, but they take up so much room. I have mine in computer paper boxes and must have a dozen or more of the boxes.

SLU's lost value so quickly. There are a few regional issues that may be in demand, otherwise, they're in the dollar bins.

I pick them up, by like metrotheme said, I usually get them for a buck or two. Not hardly worth it, when the cost to ship them is usually $5 or more.

I'd really need to know what years you had to know. I have not actively picked them up in quite some time, so I really don't have a wantlist anymore.

Do you need any of those that listed? Thanks!

Chris