Does it annoy you?

• Yes

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I really don't care

Votes: 42 58.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basebal1fan

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I'm just wondering if it annoys you when people simply post "Congrats" on a TTM success thread simply to get their post count up. I'm not talking about the people that only do it now and then, but some people seem to post it on every single TTM post. I was just wondering if it annoys anyone elase to see 10 "congrats" posts on a single thread. There's nothing with posting something like "congrats, what a great pickup! What a great signer!", that's not what I'm talking about. Just wondering, thanks a lot!

Congrats

Congrats
To all who voted on this poll.
What difference does it make if you congrat someone on their success on getting back a TTM. It makes you feel good. to say that to someone who takes the time to send out aTTM and returned Signed
Chief

It bothers me a little when I take the time to post all the information and the only response is congrats. I'd rather someone start a dialogue that just post that, on the flip side I'd probably feel worse if no one posted anything.

Wow, that perfectly sums up the way I feel!:)

It bothers me a little when I take the time to post all the information and the only response is congrats. I'd rather someone start a dialogue that just post that, on the flip side I'd probably feel worse if no one posted anything.

I've noticed people with over 10,000 posts. In my opinion, to have that many posts you either...

Have no life or you're just posting to run your count up.

I've noticed people with over 10,000 posts. In my opinion, to have that many posts you either...

Have no life or you're just posting to run your count up.

OR: They actually have been on the site for 7-8 years! Did you ever consider that? I don't have 10K posts, but I know SOME members that do. THEY DO HAVE LIVES, and they ARE NOT trying to run their conts up. They also were MODERATORS at one point, which forced them to post plenty behind-the-scenes!

You may want to take other things into consideration before you make posts like the ones you just made. I agree with giving everyone their opinion, but there is no sense in taking an ill-educated shot at someone.

Tim

OR: They actually have been on the site for 7-8 years! Did you ever consider that? I don't have 10K posts, but I know SOME members that do. THEY DO HAVE LIVES, and they ARE NOT trying to run their conts up. They also were MODERATORS at one point, which forced them to post plenty behind-the-scenes!

You may want to take other things into consideration before you make posts like the ones you just made. I agree with giving everyone their opinion, but there is no sense in taking an ill-educated shot at someone.

Tim

It wasn't meant as a "shot" to anyone. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
Wow what a great way to insult some of the most premier members on this site including myself.

Again, my apologies. I should have taken into account that this site has been up and running for a while before I posted my comment. I'm sure someday I will reach 10, 000 + posts.

I kind of fall in the middle on this one. When you post a TTM success, it is nice to get the congrats, but it is even better when there is an additional comment attached to it, ie. good looking picture, great signature, one of my favorite players, etc.

Additionally, I am going to have to figure out how to get another 600 posts to become eligible for the Bench HOF, assuming of course that I am able to get the last 40 or so trades done and keep the perfect 5.0 rating...