Drew's blog (hounding reports)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew,
That's really a bummer about Dennis Martinez. When he was a pitching coach down here in Jupiter for the Cardinals, he had no more than 5 people ask him per game. Seemed like a nice guy. Gave out some baseballs and signed a Florida State League ball for us on the sweet spot. Can read every letter of his name. Yours if you want it, sorry it's not one of the ones you collect.
Jeff

Great stuff, Drew! Wish we had NHL hockey down here! I miss the Aeros in the old WHA in the '70's.

I hear ya. I grew up a huge hockey fan near Cleveland. Never went to an NHL game until 2003 when I was in college. We had the IHL/AHL (ditto on Houston for most of that time) which I loved, but it's definitely a different animal. Loved the affordable tickets and the fact there seemed to be more and better fights, but when the best player is a guy like Jock Callander versus seeing the Gretzkys and Lemieux of the world, it's not quite the same.

that's amusing. i guess y'all didn't go out for drinks afterwards..

Do you know his screenname on SCN? I can guarantee you that he is not allowed on there. Next time you see him tell him I'm still waiting for my stuff lol

His SCN name is the same as it was here, rangersfan1982. He's been posting on the forums there so while he's been outright banned here, apparently he was somehow permitted back there.

Good to hear. I don't like having to play the role of Hobby Enforcer, but, well... Ahh, who am I kidding? I like being the butt kicker for once haha.

congrats..sounds like a long saturday.you're a trooper..where was the browns thing at? never heard of those..

Chris-- the Dallas Area Browns Backers meet every Sunday in five different locations, this particular one was at their main branch at the Fox and Hound in Richardson. I normally go to the one at Clicks in Arlington, but this particular week they had all the groups meet together in Richardson and brought in a few former players. And that was all over two weekends, so it wasn't all one day, or I would have died.

Mort-- I keep on running into the guy. I got some stealthy photos of him too if anyone was wondering what the guy looks like. He has no idea who I am either, which is fun. If it's in a crowd, I vocally chirp him any chance I get. What can I say, I'm a pot-stirrer. I chirped him on the Stars' Facebook page yesterday as well and passed right by him a few times today and he had no idea.

Anyways, did a Stars practice finally. Weak day though since it was a travel day, so a lot of players took the back door by the bus.

http://dfwautographs.blogspot.com/2013/11/hounding-report-dallas-stars-practice.html