Ebay free listings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Free listings is great when you have rare items and want to wait for the right buyer to give you a good price. I don't like when people use the free listings to list comman items for outragoes prices.

Ninteyninecenters don't deserve the rare stuff for for cheap skate offers. They are rude and demand they get everything for as close to $0.99 as possible no madder how rare the item is. They are like leaches seeking to suck off anyone desperate for cash and wanting to sell.

Then you get the dirt balls who will spend $6-$10 on a card that has a print run of over 3,000 and demand under $5 for a card with a print run around #100.

COMC is not half as good as people claim. They are alot slower then ebay. They send a wrong card on about half my orders. They do not change listing errors when you tell them they have cards listed wrong. They send cards with creases that do not show up in the scans which gets very annoying having to return. You have to add store credit to make an offer. Their shipping is very slow at times.

COMC is not half as good as people claim. They are alot slower then ebay. They send a wrong card on about half my orders. They do not change listing errors when you tell them they have cards listed wrong. They send cards with creases that do not show up in the scans which gets very annoying having to return. You have to add store credit to make an offer. Their shipping is very slow at times.

Which is the exact opposite of my experience - I've bought around 350 cards on there so far. Of the cards I have purchased, I had an issue with one card and they credited my account within 24 hours for the full purchase price. Shipping has been as advertised - couple days to process and a couple days to arrive.

I don't think COMC is a replacement for eBay by any means, but I am rocking and rolling with my sales on items in the $4-15 range on there. My stuff has been listed a little over two weeks and my initial 25 cards has been reduced to 12 with over $50 in my account to spend on goodies I want. I'm still listing a few things on eBay (mostly autos and higher end) but my activity is definitely down compared to what it was before. The biggest factor for me has been the time commitment to selling off extra cards. Way easier to get your cards listed for sale on COMC - and I know people are complaining about the new .25 price on processing, but I usually pay eBay .25 (listing start over .99) to list my card for one week anyway and COMC lists it for three months before they charge me another penny to store it per month.

I'm really shocked that somebody has been consistently getting wrong cards shipped from comc, since I've bought over a thousand cards on there and have never once received the wrong card. Also out of those thousand cards I've only had a condition issue with a single one - a $1 Crown Royale die-cut card that I got through the cheaper bulk shipping, and it happened to be located at the end of the box and had the top bent.
Richard

COMC is decent for what it is but the big sellers there already "own" the place and have set the price structure for the most part. There are hardly any "bargains" anymore.

As for KnightHawkTD's comments, I agree with everything he has said.

Creases that aren't disclosed or visible until in hand.

Shipped wrong card twice. Resolved fairly quickly tho.

Shipping/handling is expensive in my view as it cost me $8-20+ each time I have it shipped for regular 1st class shipping (although it gets bumped up to Priority due to the weight). Pay today and get the cards in 7 working days generally, so that's 9-11 days total - pretty slow.

And yes, when I tell them it's the wrong description, set, year - most times it remains as is.

WARNING WITH THESE FREE AUCTIONS - If you list an item at fixed price with Good 'Til Cancelled, they will charge you a listing fee when it is automatically renewed after 30 days. I was wondering about this so I called eBay and asked them if, when it renewed, that would be a free listing as well since it is free listings until the end of the year, and they said no. They said I would have to end my auction early myself, and repost it myself to get a free listing on it. I don't know that this affects anybody, but thought I would warn everyone.

I have had that problem with the GTC listings but the GTC is supposed to be included so they are working on a fix with that one. I had the same ? Jackatl

Hmmm, they told me the GTC would be free the first go round, but then when it renews after 30 days, I would be hit with a fee. Let me know if you hear differently.

yeah thats wrong...GTC are supposed to renew at the promotion price as long as you haven't exceeded your quota. From my understanding it was a glitch in Ebay's system and they are working to fix it. It should be fixed now or at least thats what I was told.

Besides if you think about it that renweal would make no sense because even according to the policy if a listing started on Aug 22nd, it should be free when it renews since the start date > Aug 19th. Ebay tracks items by start date and I think what was happening is that since all GTC listings that would be expiring now would have had a start date prior ro Aug 19th.