eBay "Hot Packs"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchops

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I see these things all the time,different brands & sports.
How do these guys know there's something in them?
Anyone ever tried it,if so,get anything good?
Ken

Touchy subject, Ken. Some like busting them and are willing to fork over the money for them.

Since the packs have been "felt" by pack searchers, leaving countless innocent people to buy packs without a true chacne of pulling anything...........I would steer clear from them to keep from promoting the pack-searching thing. If they haven't been felt, then they have been resealed. Either way..........not a good thing.

Tim

These are people that open alot of product and know where in the box/case where certain packs are located. It is another form of pack searching. I don't buy them because pack searching is frowned upon so I don't support it by purchasing these packs. JMHO

It's a very touchy subject as Tim has already stated. Some have crazy methods to this madness, such as weighing the packs, measuring, x-ray, etc. Some even will open a pack and reseal them once they realize the hit isn't anything of substantial value.

Typically, these types of sellers are frowned upon on the hobby since they don't give the typical buster a fair chance at a pull.

Steph

DO NOT buy them! I bought 1 for $15, got a resealed pack with a $2 jersey. Even if it says cut auto or something like that, they're saying that you could but there is really no possible way you could. If you want a hot pack, but something like Sweet Spot and please, don't support those guys!

I get the point:) and will take the advice.
One thing though,how can you tell if a pack has been resealed?
By the way Ed,have you seen the Ibanez auto redemtion(s) on
the bay?
Ken

I get the point:) and will take the advice.
One thing though,how can you tell if a pack has been resealed?
By the way Ed,have you seen the Ibanez auto redemtion(s) on
the bay?
Ken

Yes, I have 2: the real one, and real one red /60 that have both been redeemed. The Eithier/Ibanez and Wine/Ibanez will have to wait for now, they are out of my range.

If this is possible these days (I know it has been in the past if you open enough product), is that really pack searching if the seller bought all of the product and chooses to sell the "hit" pack for more. They still bought all the packs and are choosing to sell the best, opting for the cash over the possibility of a great pull.

I suppose the only downside to this is if that same seller bundled up the rest of the packs to sell as "unsearched".

These are people that open alot of product and know where in the box/case where certain packs are located. It is another form of pack searching. I don't buy them because pack searching is frowned upon so I don't support it by purchasing these packs. JMHO

I've seen people do that...not cool. They pull packs froma case until they get the two case hits or whatever then put the rest up in lots...still probably some good stuff but the big hits are gone...then they sell the big hits on ebay...it's not that hard to find them if you look at the other auctions these people list...two case hits from say 09 Unique and lots of 20 packs each for sale right along with it.

business maybe, but a little shady to me....i wouldn't buy them.

I've brought about 3 of these, got nothing but garbage. Either the packs were searched or they were just resealed with junkie gu/auto. Not worth your time and money. It cost $10 and up, and you can get a very nice auto on ebay for that price, and something you would like more than what you will pull from these 'hot packs'.

I've brought about 3 of these, got nothing but garbage. Either the packs were searched or they were just resealed with junkie gu/auto. Not worth your time and money. It cost $10 and up, and you can get a very nice auto on ebay for that price, and something you would like more than what you will pull from these 'hot packs'.

Uh oh, you just made my very real list of people not to trade with.
Add another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.