Ebay/Paypal: Shipping Outside The States

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
As most of you may know by now, I'm selling my Andre Dawson Collection. Alot of my bidders are (or will be) from Canada since he has a big following from his days with the Expos. I've never had any problems shipping outside the U.S. before, but I have heard some horror stories.

I have a canadian buyer who just paid with an eCheck for a little over $200. He has 150+ positive feedbacks with no negatives, but the address is unconfirmed. I was curious what is the best way to cover myself when shipping outside the U.S.? Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
Craig

Craig,

I've been away from the site for awhile and am slowly getting back to sports cards, but what made you decide to sell your collection? I've been there myself with the Giambi collection and am just curious.

Hope all is well!
Jason

EDIT: OK, a quick search and I saw your previous thread. I can totally relate to ya buddy! ;)

Last edited:
Jason - How are you? Here is a link that will give you the info...

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebench/showthread.php?t=326260

It's much easier than typing it again! :D

Thanks
Craig

Yeah, I found it after searching, which is what I should have done initially! LOL!

Doing good. Got the itch recently and have decided to slowly work my way back to the sports cards arena. LOL! Guess you never completely get away. Just going to casually collect at the moment and not do any serious spending or trading for awhile. Though, time will tell on that. ;)

:D
Jason

1) suuuuuuuuureeeeee jason :)
2) Craig, you can send registered which carries insurance. check the usps site for specifics as it has been a while since I have shipped out of country

They charge $11.50 extra to send a package registered. That is NUTS! Does anyone know if sending a package with a Certificate of Mailing" is enough to cover a seller with eBay?

Thanks
Craig

Does anyone know if sending a package with a Certificate of Mailing" is enough to cover a seller with eBay?

Hell NO it doesn't. Even Registered mail isn't because it's not online trackable plus there is NO insurance. ONLY Express Mail offers insurance.

Good luck with the sale.

MAybe you can eat it this time and then include that charge in your shipping charges down the road.

Jaderock is correct, whatever type of delivery proof you get it MUST be trackable online or paypay will rule against you every time. That's why my auction description says Due to ebay/paypal policies I will NOT ship outside the US. I have sold several things to foreigners recently but I made them pay with a usps mo or cash.

Last edited:
I guess I'm going to have to go that route myself. Another thing I don't understand is why having a confirmed address is optional. It should be mandatory. Maybe it's just me...

Thanks
Craig

As most of you may know by now, I'm selling my Andre Dawson Collection. Alot of my bidders are (or will be) from Canada since he has a big following from his days with the Expos. I've never had any problems shipping outside the U.S. before, but I have heard some horror stories.

I have a canadian buyer who just paid with an eCheck for a little over $200. He has 150+ positive feedbacks with no negatives, but the address is unconfirmed. I was curious what is the best way to cover myself when shipping outside the U.S.? Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
Craig

Craig,

I hope xpos comes thru for you AND me! He bought a Milton Bradley Auto from me on the same day he blitzed your Andre Dawson Expos cards (May 16th). And yes his echeck does say unconfirmed, but then again he did "explain" that.

Seems to be a huge Expos fan who just discovered ebay and went rampant.

Good luck to both of us :)