EBAY Pick Up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stlcardtrader

All-Star
4.90 star(s)
Picked this up from an Ebay auction... paid a little more than I wanted, but it is a nice xmas present to myself.

Dimaggio.jpg

Very nice, I love those cards! It's a shame that UD cuts them up for their "cut" autos. Get them while you can!

Congrats,

Jeremy

nice...been thinking about getting one of these from www.dacardworld.com they have them for $129.99 right now with free shipping and free packs...i think that is a good price on a Joe D...the only issue i have with these is the odd size...not sure what i would have to store this in or maybe just wait until PSA does the $10 slab again? What would you guys do for storage on this one?

Yeah I have been seeing them as cut sigs from UD too and figured the only way to know I am getting a legit Joe D was to pick one of these up while I can. You can never be 100% sure about authentification so...

nice...been thinking about getting one of these from www.dacardworld.com they have them for $129.99 right now with free shipping and free packs...i think that is a good price on a Joe D...the only issue i have with these is the odd size...not sure what i would have to store this in or maybe just wait until PSA does the $10 slab again? What would you guys do for storage on this one?
I bought a 1993 Pinnacle Joe D set this summer with the auto. Ironically, I used to have one of those 2008 Prime Cuts "cut autos" that everyone seems to hate, but there's no doubt about authenticity. They are clearly cut from the 1993 Pinnacle autos. One good thing about the cuts is there's no worry about how to store them. They're sealed in Playoff's own case. I kept the cut in my PC until I got the on-card auto, then sold the cut (helped to recoup what I paid for the Pinnacle set).

What I do to store it...I got it in a flat screwdown holder. I was afraid some of the corners would stick to the screwdown holder. I gently, slowly removed each screw, placed the Joe D card in a "tall boy" penny sleeve, cut maybe 1/4" off the top of the penny sleeve so it would fit in the flat screwdown. I am very happy with the card now.

WOW, great pickup! I love to see people collecting sigs of the HOFers and older players as opposed to only the current MLBers. Joe D is a fantastic autograph buy. Congrats!