eBay Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackatl

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Here's the situation. I bid on an auction last night and won at a good price. Without any communication from the seller, I receive an email this morning that the auction has been cancelled due to "Out of stock or damaged." But I look at the seller's currently listed items, and he has the auction posted again. I am assuming he did this because he does not think he got enough for it. What is the proper response to something like this?

That stinks. There probably isn't a transaction for you to file a claim. You could try to contact eBay directly, but that's always a nightmare. How to contact eBay is well hidden if you actually want to talk to someone. I doubt eBay would do anything.

Pretty sure you can still leave feedback for a cancelled transaction. I'd leave him a negative.

Pretty sure you can still leave feedback for a cancelled transaction. I'd leave him a negative.
This for sure, if you can. I kind of feel like it's possible as well, but may be tougher to find where you can.

I'd wait for a reply for a reasonable time frame. If no "EXCUSE" is provided or one that seems lame or unbelievable, then I'd roast 'em with negative. Ebay has also opened up the comment limit, so you can write a nice paragraph now instead of a long sentence. It probably won't do much good, but it always makes me feel a tiny bit better, hoping they are pissed about it.

This for sure, if you can. I kind of feel like it's possible as well, but may be tougher to find where you can.

I'd wait for a reply for a reasonable time frame. If no "EXCUSE" is provided or one that seems lame or unbelievable, then I'd roast 'em with negative. Ebay has also opened up the comment limit, so you can write a nice paragraph now instead of a long sentence. It probably won't do much good, but it always makes me feel a tiny bit better, hoping they are pissed about it.
Absolutely leave a negative! This happened to me at least once, several years ago for a Stadium Club 1st Day Production stamped card of a superstar that I won. $0.99 plus $3 shipping on a $30 card. If you are a seller and don't want to let it go for a minimum, then list a higher minimum.

This happened in a case break for me once. A couple minutes after the auctions ended the break was canceled for the same reason. I messaged him and he told me that he just discovered the entire case of cards was damaged. What are the odds?

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online