England suddenly the other side of the world?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ian_kell

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
Just thought i would ask peoples opinions on this as i am at a crossroads with my collection
I post online and over the past 15 plus years of trading i have traded many times and consider a lot of the regulars on here friends
However today after a post regarding my main focus Tom Glavine the only response i had was the "cost to the UK"

Therefore i am wondering is there any point in continuing. Has postage become that bad to stop overseas trading. Recall i have those costs as well.

Would like to hear opinions on this.

Iain

Canada is barely doable at this point, and only with PWE at that. Has to be pretty massive trade to make the postage worthwhile otherwise. Sorry.

I'll trade with you. Everything is more costly today. Food, gas, postage, cars (most of which cost more than a house did) and cards. The card shop I frequent has a $3000 box of baseball cards.... someone has more 'stupid' money than I do!!!

Duane

I don't know about UK, Rhubarb is right about Canada, last time I checked it was like $7 for a 3oz parcel...if UK is like that, I would be hard pressed to do it myself. You've got too many Glavines anyway so I would never have anything to trade you even if I wanted to. (this in tongue in cheek) :)

I dont have an issue with it... I could help you out if you want.. I travel to England a lot (my wife is from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire) so we generally make the trip a few times a year.. We just had our first child so we havent been this year and probably wont until sometime next year, but if you want to trade and somebody doesnt want to ship to uk i could bring over a parcel if they shipped to me... My wifes brother comes over here a few times a year as well

josh

I would trade with you in a minute. Except that I don't have any Glavine's that you need. ;)

Seriously, helping out a friend and fellow trader means more to me than a couple of bucks at the PO.

Good luck.

Hey Ian
I would trade with you anytime as I have in the past Just havent come across to many Glavines lately besides I think you and Jack have the bases covered on Glavine cards
Later
Tom

Guys thanks all for the responses. Its good to know there are still a core of people who would trade etc. I dont do just Tommy btw. Still good to hear from both sides

Regards Iain

if i had glavines you needed, i would trader with you. as said above EVERYTHING in the world is going up in price. if it was a trade for something i needed, i would ship worldwide with no problem. what this hobby has is a bunch of cheap !@# people that dont want to spend a dollar to get a card. everyone wants something for free nowadays.

if i had glavines you needed, i would trader with you. as said above EVERYTHING in the world is going up in price. if it was a trade for something i needed, i would ship worldwide with no problem. what this hobby has is a bunch of cheap !@# people that dont want to spend a dollar to get a card. everyone wants something for free nowadays.

Pretty bold statement....I certainly hope your intent isn't to call out any people in this thread that just happen to have a dissenting opinion. Not everyone has a ton of disposable income and may only have a mere fraction of what others have. I don't want to start a war with you but try to keep on open mind as to the circumstances of others.

no not at all. i was making a very generic statement about some people in the hobby. no one in particular and not calling anyone out, just a very generic statement based on when i do for sale threads people will send me private message saying things like"ill give you $2.00 shipped for your clayton keshaw certified autograph, or ill give you $5.00 dlvd for your al kaline certified autograph or ill give you $20 for your derke jeter certified autograph. these people know better, they just want things for almost free. so thats what i was referencing. again, i wasnt calling anyone out, just a very basic generic statement. sorry if you took it the wrong way, misinterpreted my message or thought i was talking about you as i wasnt.

I guess International is ok financially but my issue at times is the customs form and having to go to the counter. If I ship internationally I have to wait in what can be a long line at the PO (I live in NYC) where with a US shipment I can just use stamps or use the automatic machine. Some times 15-20 minutes plus the walk to and from the PO makes it not worthwhile.

I would trade with you or anyone else but I could understand if there is a hassle factor. Some people simply don't have the time to spare.

It pretty much is the other side of the world for most of us, but it is what it is. If a trade makes sense, then it probably doesn't matter where the traders are each located. I have not traded with anyone outside of the US that i can remember. I don't do much trading though in general. I have bought from a few foreign countries and it does tend to cost a bit more. It certainly could sway someone one way or another.

I have traded with you before and would again but the trade would have to be worth the postage. If i lived outside the U.S. i would defenitely buy trade bait in bulk, have my mail sent to a friend or family member then sent over in bulk and even go as far as having trade bait on hand with afew trading buddies who are willing to make some trades for you or expand their trade for your needs. Say like having 20 cards ranging from $5-20 of decent traders available for your needs.

my issue at times is the customs form and having to go to the counter waiting 15-20 minutes

You can ship through paypal for international packages. paypal/shipnow

If that doesn't work for some reason use an old transaction to ship another package or have the trader send you $1 paypal then click to ship package.

Ian,

Typically how much do you spend in shipping whenever you do happen to make a trade with someone here in the States?