Ever seen this before??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattfieser

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey gang,

I was at Target today with the wife so I picked up a couple of packs of 2012 Topps Heritage packs. 2 of the packs, which were sealed and did not looked tampered with at all had a filler card and 3 2008 Donruss Gridiron Gear Football..... I tweeted the pics of the packs to Topps but haven't heard anything from them. I'm not really upset, just kinda confused. How did a 2008 Donruss Football product make it into a 2012 Topps baseball package?? This ever happen to anyone else?

Matt

I've heard of weird unrelated products being put in packs before but it's always something from the same time period where the outsourced printer goofed. Never heard of a 4 year old product getting switched. Sounds like they were resealed, and they must have done it well!
Richard

Bought a blaster of 2005 Donruss Champions once, couldn't wait to bust it and opened it in the car.

Had to go straight back to customer service and do a return. Once I removed the shrink wrap and opened the box all the packs were open and not a single 2005 Donruss Champions card in them!.

Sadly not as uncommon as we all wish

Hey gang,

I was at Target today with the wife so I picked up a couple of packs of 2012 Topps Heritage packs. 2 of the packs, which were sealed and did not looked tampered with at all had a filler card and 3 2008 Donruss Gridiron Gear Football..... I tweeted the pics of the packs to Topps but haven't heard anything from them. I'm not really upset, just kinda confused. How did a 2008 Donruss Football product make it into a 2012 Topps baseball package?? This ever happen to anyone else?

Matt

I have a niece who was management at our local WalMart who knew first hand of an incident where a couple of employees were fired for pack searching prior to restocking shelves. Apparently these same folks were also scoring Starting Lineups and other items, reselling at steep profits as well. This happened during the 2007 Topps Mantle/Bush hype and was the watercooler talk for a while, though no one ever admitted to profiting from these characters. Knowing the truth of our areas experience with this, I do not doubt for a minute someone substituting commons in product containing hot rookies, hot autos or hot inserts.

I know that one Walmart near me had every pack of 2012 Opening Day opened, then sealed with scotch tape.

Pretty obvious on that one..I had already finished the set, but my 10 year old got a kick out of it..he said they were looking for the mascot cards!

Tim