Fake or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I am watching this card too. I think it is real. I have seen this before, especially with the Cool Base style jerseys. The tag is not a patch but is more of a silk screen sticker so it cannot simply be removed. It is actually part of the fabric on the jersey. This makes it so that when the jersey is cut up, the "patch" stays with it. This is not the first time I have seen this on a Topps card and probably won't be the last.

Last edited:
I'd be pretty skeptical too. It could be a chance to make a minor star at best, more attractive. Seems a little strange to me.

If you feel that way don't buy it. I think there is something to be said about bad feeling when purchasing something. Your gut says no then no it should be.

I have a similar card of Mark Teixiera from 08 allen and ginter and I've seen a few people on the bench pull similar items. Here is a picture of the card I have

img071.jpg

Dan