Finally a good cause for all of those base cards!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjay101

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I search online quite awhile to find a decent place to donate my commons and lower-end stuff.

I finally found http://www.commons4kids.org which I sent a large flat rate box into last month.

They are located in Kentucky and donate within a huge area of the eastern US (Ohio, Penn, NC, KY and surrounding areas). They are NOT tax exempt and there is no receipts provided. Myself OR The Bench is in no way affiliated with this site, but I have found it to be a worthy cause. Just a collector that wants to give back, which I can respect.

According to their blog on their site, they are currently at ZERO cards to donate to kids. I thought I would mention it here in case there were people with tons of commons laying around. They don't care the year, sport (or non-sport) just that they are in good condition.

Feel free to read more about the site and what they represent. I felt spending ~17 dollars to send thousands of cards off to charity in a large flat rate box was much better than the dump, which is where they were headed.

If anyone decides to send anything in on their own accord, feel free to post here and pass on the word. I have a box that I continually add more stock to so I will be able to send in another soon.

Cory

Last edited:
Corey -
The are indeed a good organization. I've seen them come to some of the local shows and dealers will hand over the left overs of dime boxes on occasion.

I haven't seen the lately, but hope they keep coming.

Thanks for reminding me!

I appreciate this post. I have a 5000 count box which I didn't know what to do with as well as some older stuff I have posted for trade/sale and no one was interested in so will send it all.