Finally Completed 2007 Milestones Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjbsue

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Thanks to Teammaddux, I was finally able to pick up the last 2007 Topps Milestones Randy Johnson card we needed:D . We now have all 711 2007 Milestones white cards (5 were never released). Now I just need to add them all to my Beckett collections :eek:

I really hope they never do this set again!

07Milestones57.jpg

Thanks again teammaddux.

Sue

Awesome work! I'm slowly working on 2008 Jeff Kent, and it's not the easiest task with 125 cards. I couldn't imagine 700+.

Tai

Last edited:
Congrats on the accomplishment! I've been working on the Chipper 2007 Milestones set, but I still have over 80 to go on the base set /150 out of about 535 cards. I finished the 45 card 2008 set.

I hope they aren't doing this set again this year, because two of them is enough to chase... lol

I saw that you mentioned that some of them weren't released? How did you find out about the ones not released? That has me wondering if all of the Chippers were released.

Congrats on the accomplishment! I've been working on the Chipper 2007 Milestones set, but I still have over 80 to go on the base set /150 out of about 535 cards. I finished the 45 card 2008 set.

I hope they aren't doing this set again this year, because two of them is enough to chase... lol

I saw that you mentioned that some of them weren't released? How did you find out about the ones not released? That has me wondering if all of the Chippers were released.

Hi,

It is somewhat speculation and has not been confirmed by Topps. But, after speaking with another Randy collector, who also talked with multiple other serious Randy collectors, we realized that none of us had the same 5 missing cards and believe they were not released. After 2+ years, it seems like they would have shown up by now. I guess I should try and confirm with Topps, but just haven't bothered.

Sue

Hi,

It is somewhat speculation and has not been confirmed by Topps. But, after speaking with another Randy collector, who also talked with multiple other serious Randy collectors, we realized that none of us had the same 5 missing cards and believe they were not released. After 2+ years, it seems like they would have shown up by now. I guess I should try and confirm with Topps, but just haven't bothered.

Sue

Hmm, curious. Has me wondering if all the Chippers were released because there are several that I've not seen before as well and I'm wondering if they exist. Thanks for the info. :)

Congrats. It's a tough one.. I still have 15 more to go.

Good luck at the Black version!

Great set completion! I've never had a stab at these, and with the frustration around here amongst set collectors, it has to be considered a major, major victory.
-Casey

Congrats!!! That's a great job. I am still missing 1 card for Vlads 2007 white set. I made the mistake of trying to get all the blacks as well. :(

I also am hoping they don't do the set again for this year. I am sure Topps would put in Vlads milestone of hitting 400 home runs this past year.

2008's were a lot easier except for adding the blue set which I am mistakenly attempting.

Brian

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I am pretty proud of this. It took us 10 years to finish the 1998 Topps Tek set and that was only 90 cards.

bdmac1 - We have about 250 of the blacks, but don't make much of an effort. If I find them or can trade for them, great. Randy only has 19 cards in the 2008 set, and we still need 2 of the blacks and 11 of the blues. These are almost as hard to find as the 2007 stuff.

I was afraid Randy would hit 5000 strikeouts this year and Topps would decide to do this set again with all of his strikeouts!

Sue