FINALLY completed it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
Just picked up a 1973 Topps Mike Schmidt rookie and completed my 1973 Topps set. Now have all the Topps sets from 1973-2011. Need 122 cards for the 1972 set and 141 cards for the 1971 set.

Slowly but surely I am getting there. I would like to thank many members of TheBench for helping me out. Could not have done it without you guys.

Thanks.

Bryon

that's awesome buddy! congrats on finishing those sets. i'm wondering, are all the cards nm-mint, or do you just try and get any condition just to fill the set, and then upgrade when you can?

thanx,
paul

that's awesome buddy! congrats on finishing those sets. i'm wondering, are all the cards nm-mint, or do you just try and get any condition just to fill the set, and then upgrade when you can?

thanx,
paul

All the cards are at least exmt condition. I do not get any cards with creases or anything like that.

That is awesome. Congrats on completing another set! 1973 - 2011 is impressive! Are you going to try cracking into any 1960's sets down the road?

Whats your Top 5 favorite cards from those sets?

The 1982 Ripken and 1980 Henderson are probably my favorites. And for some reason I have always liked the 1982 Topps set. I loved the look of the In Action cards. Especially the Seaver in Action. I always thought the color of the card was great.

That is awesome. Congrats on completing another set! 1973 - 2011 is impressive! Are you going to try cracking into any 1960's sets down the road?

I need 119 cards to finish the 1960 set but I need a ton from the other 1960's sets. I am about 1/3 done with the 1969 set but the rest are probaly just a dream. Especially the 1963 set. The Rose rookie will always be a tough one.

Congrats Byron! I know how hard it is to get those sets done. It is quite an accomplishment.

Trying to catch up to you John. Your site is fantastic with your set matrix. I am trying to work my way there but it is not the easiest thing to do. Those Fleer SP's are brutal to find and some of the Upper Deck sets are going to be pretty difficult.

Trying to catch up to you John. Your site is fantastic with your set matrix. I am trying to work my way there but it is not the easiest thing to do. Those Fleer SP's are brutal to find and some of the Upper Deck sets are going to be pretty difficult.

Thanks bud. Some of those sets were just easier to complete the year they came out. I tried putting a bunch together several years later, and it was just painful.