FINALLY finished my 1935 goudey 4 in 1 psa set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mintman2

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'm sooooooo stoked ! (yeah, I know I'm aging myself) Been working on it for about 10 years now, only picking up a card here and there as I'm pretty particular condition and price wise. In order to finish it I had to buy a complete set but it finishes off the 6 cards I needed AND upgrades another 8, getting the average grade to a very respectful 5.1 with all cards between a 4 and 6 (with a Ruth 5 !). Still waiting on the package to arrive but just wanted to share. If you have any interest in this set shoot me a pm as I'll be selling off all the dupes (30) at very reasonable prices.

Congrats on a hell of a feat! Somewhat cheated though lol but not really as you said it did upgrade 8 of your previous partial set. Heck of an accomplishment to put together an 80 year old set. Congrats again!!

Congrats on a hell of a feat! Somewhat cheated though lol but not really as you said it did upgrade 8 of your previous partial set. Heck of an accomplishment to put together an 80 year old set. Congrats again!!

I looked at like if I bought a big collection that had all the cards I needed plus upgrades, but I had to buy a bunch of other stuff in order to get what I really wanted and then would have to sell off the extra stuff, it was a good deal. I also got a wrapper in the deal plus I have an uncut sheet, all of which I want to display together at some point, and didn't want to end up being one of those guys in my 80's saying "I'm so close just need 1 more card". LOL

Some of the better cards. The Ruth is the card that started it all. Bought it raw on ebay from a new seller that had terrible pics, virtually no description and less than 10 fb. I had dealt with him before, and he was an honest guy, and talked with him on the phone about the card's condition so I took a chance. Sent it into psa and it got a 5. Not bad for just under a $300 total investment.

swwm5g.jpg

52gx0g.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, what a great feeling to finish a set like that. The uncut sheet is beautiful and I love seeing the puzzle on the back all in one piece! Sending a PM about the ones I could use.
Scott