Finally finished this insert set!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richloughlin

MVP
5.00 star(s)
After making a push over the last 2-3 years, I finally completed the 536 card Mantle Home Run History set. Many thanks to the members on this board (too many to mention) who helped me reach my goal.

Up until 9 months ago I had only needed ONE card to complete the set. That was HR card #500. When I had the time to contact local and out of state dealers, I did. Looked on ebay from time to time as well. Also did Google searches. Ironically, it was my wife Chris who did another google search and was able to locate a dealer in Nebraska who had it. Though she has no interest in the hobby, she always helps me in my hobby; often buying my supplies and picking up packs of cards for me without me asking. One time she bought me a pack of Topps Heritage and I pulled a Duke Snider autograph!

I'm glad to finally finish this set, but I'm not sure if I ever will attempt to complete a 500+ card insert set. Then again, never say never!

Rich

Congrats on completing that set! It's always good to have a wife who supports your hobby. I'm fortunate enough to say that my wife is just as supportive.

Regards, Robert

congrats....i feel your pain - and then some...i'm still at just under 200 mantles....also roughly 100 gibsons , 180 a-rod road to 500 , and 350 generation now.....that 2007 topps master set is a beast i tell ya ...

That is an amazing accomplishment! And kudos to the wife for both finding it and supporting you in the hobby. If you have any doubles let me know as I just started this set not too long ago myself. Figured, what the heck!

Take care,
Dewayne

congrats! a feat for sure! when I completed the Bonds home run history set, I was relieved. That one was a beast too!