Finally got my entire Trent Dilfer collection scanned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Very nice and lots of prep work. I need to do this for my Sanders collection, lots of scanning.

Congrats! I have been started scanning my Ryan Miller cards in as I received them now, after scanning about 300 of them in at once. It is nice to have them all in one place to be able to see what you have easily.
Trish

Thanks! It took me about a year and a half because I didn't want to sit there and do all the cropping of scans (most annoying part by far) so I wouldn't do anything for long stretches of time. Once I got past 1999, which was his last year where he had over 200 cards, I breezed through the rest in a couple of months.

Next on the list of things to do will be my baseball collection, and I am definitely not scanning all of the thousands of cards in that. Just the highlights.

Richard

Wow, was your scanner glowing red? :)

Very impressive. I would love to do that with the Rice collection, but man...that is a lot of work. I agree that cropping is the worst. I wish there was a program that you could set to easily detect edges and auto crop everything into seperate images.

Wow, was your scanner glowing red? :)

Very impressive. I would love to do that with the Rice collection, but man...that is a lot of work. I agree that cropping is the worst. I wish there was a program that you could set to easily detect edges and auto crop everything into seperate images.

I scanned the base and low-end inserts using 9-pocket pages so that saved some time doing 9 at once. The stuff in toploaders and one-touches had to go on the scanner sideways and I could only do 4-6 at a time. The super old photo editing program I use has an "auto-crop" feature, but 90% of the time it gets it totally wrong. So I had to do pretty much all of them one by one, edge by edge. Once the scanning and cropping was done, putting together the page for each year was fun. It probably took me around 100 hours total, but now that it's all up it won't take long to add new stuff as I receive it.
Richard

That took a great deal of dedication, both in collecting the cards and putting together so well in a display.