Fingerprints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bombie1138

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I was just putting a mailer together of 2009 Topps Walmart Blacks and these cards are seriously condition sensitive.I am trying to get my fingerprints off some of them,(just from handling them because I try not to mess with the edges) but I am ready to go out and buy some vinyl gloves !!
I try to send cards in good shape and pulling a card with a big fingerprint in the middle kind-of bums me out, so I try not to be hypocritical.

I'm I crazy or what?

Clint

Hello, if these Wal-Mart ones are for me, I don't mind the fingerprints. :)

I have noticed that these are extremely sensitive to it, and I've had to be really careful when packaging them up.

They are unreal,..
Hardest handling set I have ever seen in new product.The dreaded light coat gloss black with white backing,.I actually was just wondering if anyone goes through the same thing.
Nick it's your mailer I was talking about too so, here's what I'm doing.It's still cold here and I'm using my left side flannel shirt tail with my left hand to hold them down to my desk,..and using the right side to polish them off,..

Clint

Last edited:
Your a genius!! The next big thing in baseball cards...have your very only finger print of your favorite baseball player...

Game Used finger print.. that could be a good thing as long as the player is not O.J. or PacMan Jones.. lol!!:D :D

Christopher

I don't seek power or grace and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the post I just made,..
I really don't like being attacked for being myself,..

Best I just leave,..

Clint

How old are you? It was a compliment! :eek:

I would interpret that as me being called immature.
I made this thread because I was just trying to get some opinions about one of the the nuances of the hobby and that's all.I'm not much into "Card Drama"and as a matter of fact I been a member of a forum years longer then this one that is full of it.
Maybe I am oversensitive ,but I am not a big fan of name calling and I find it to be a form of abuse.Maybe those statements are made just to have some fun,but the bottom line for me is that I am not laughing.I look at it as being a personal attack towards me.Maybe I said something wrong in my brief tenure here and If I did I am sorry if I offended someone.I'm not perfect and If I did please forgive me.
I enjoyed being a member here,made some really great trades and met some really nice people too, but I am not going to put up with anyone's animosity or demonstrative statements.I went through that crap when I was in high school back in the 70's and I am not doing it again.
I am going to finish up a few trades I have hanging in here and then I am out of here.To the people I traded with thank you for your help and hopefully I was able to help you out in return.

Peace out,make love not war !!
Clint

Last edited:
I would interpret that as me being called immature.
I made this thread because I was just trying to get some opinions about one of the the nuances of the hobby and that's all.I'm not much into "Card Drama"and as a matter of fact I been a member of a forum years longer then this one that is full of it.
Maybe I am oversensitive ,but I am not a big fan of name calling and I find it to be a form of abuse.Maybe those statements are made just to have some fun,but the bottom line for me is that I am not laughing.I look at it as being a personal attack towards me.Maybe I said something wrong in my brief tenure here and If I did I am sorry if I offended someone.I'm not perfect and If I did please forgive me.
I enjoyed being a member here,made some really great trades and met some really nice people too, but I am not going to put up with anyone's animosity or demonstrative statements.I went through that crap when I was in high school back in the 70's and I am not doing it again.
I am going to finish up a few trades I have hanging in here and then I am out of here.To the people I traded with thank you for your help and hopefully I was able to help you out in return.

Peace out,make love not war !!
Clint

Clint,
I'm not sure how you saw this as an attack. David K stated that you are a genius (which is a positive comment) for spotting the next possible big thing in card collecting - a player's fingerprint. There was nothing negative about his statement whatsoever. In addition, I found nothing offensive with any of your posts.

There seems to be some kind of miscommunication somewhere. I don't want to speak for the other members of the board, but I don't see any reason you should have to leave the board.

Tai

Hey Clint - I didn't notice any problems with the Phillies you sent me; of course, you had them in penny sleeves; they're fine! These blemishes can be considered modern-day gum stains!!

Fatrat John

Clint - and by the way; I enjoyed the one trade we had; you were a great help, and I want to do it again sometime!! Please stick around!!!

2009 Topps Tribute is heavily fingerprint sensitive as well. Seems lots of newer sets have this problem.

Your a genius!! The next big thing in baseball cards...have your very only finger print of your favorite baseball player...

I'm suprised they haven't done that yet. Ripken actually has one, it's a gold card (like premier) with his thumbprint.