First at-bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RexRacer

Prospect
Greetings! I just found The Bench and it looks amazing.

I have attached my list of cards beginning the year 1970 and going to 1998 and I will continue to add specifics as time permits. This is an extremely basic list of what I have, but I will send card numbers and photos of whatever you are interested in. I am just learning about the ratings for cards, so I am not experienced enough to grade any of them currently. I will rely on you for that!

I don't really have a wants or needs list yet, but would like to get back into trading for anything earlier than 1999 of any sport. My focus is not necessarily on completing a set or acquiring high value/HOF cards. Many of the players I like would be considered as "common"! I do understand that HOF player's cards have a higher value associated with them and the condition of the card will dictate its trade value. However, I will trade for cards in almost any condition. If you only have cards from later than 1998 you can make a purchase offer in lieu of a trade, too.

Also, let me know what rookie mistakes I have made in this process and I will correct them in future posts!

Attachments

• Cards list.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 50
Welcome to The Bench! You will find this is an amazing group of collectors and traders.

Looked at your list and I would be interested in the Kellogg's 3D cards. (free of cracks?) LMK if I have anything of possible interest.
Thanks!
Rick

Welcome friend! The bench is the best site out there online! Glad to have a great new member! Have fun!

Blessings,

Kevin

Welcome to The Bench! You will find this is an amazing group of collectors and traders.

Looked at your list and I would be interested in the Kellogg's 3D cards. (free of cracks?) LMK if I have anything of possible interest.
Thanks!
Rick

Thank you, Rick!

The Freddie Patek does have a crease in it, but not cracked. The Bowa and Rice both are in really great condition. I took some photos to show you, but I will need to wait for my wife to show me how to upload the pics (tomorrow evening at the latest).

You have MANY things I would love to trade for these three cards, so this list is not exhaustive and is subject to what you believe is a good trade. Top five in order of preference...
1968 Pirates checklist
1968 Dodgers checklist
1968 Braves checklist
1977 Niekro/Ryan
1971 Stargell

To clarify, I just want a single card in return, so whatever you think is a fair trade for the three 3-Ds. Trying to downsize!

Thank you, Rick!

The Freddie Patek does have a crease in it, but not cracked. The Bowa and Rice both are in really great condition. I took some photos to show you, but I will need to wait for my wife to show me how to upload the pics (tomorrow evening at the latest).

You have MANY things I would love to trade for these three cards, so this list is not exhaustive and is subject to what you believe is a good trade. Top five in order of preference...
1968 Pirates checklist
1968 Dodgers checklist
1968 Braves checklist
1977 Niekro/Ryan
1971 Stargell

To clarify, I just want a single card in return, so whatever you think is a fair trade for the three 3-Ds. Trying to downsize!
Totally relate to waiting for help ;) . I don't think I need tp have you send pics. I haven't pulled the Ryan/Neikro card yet but it should be a 78 Topps, not 77. JLMK what card you want - all show some some minimal wear. If you'd like to see pics you'll have to wait. My wife is gone for the end of the weekend :LOL: - helping to babysit grandkids.

Totally relate to waiting for help ;) . I don't think I need tp have you send pics. I haven't pulled the Ryan/Neikro card yet but it should be a 78 Topps, not 77. JLMK what card you want - all show some some minimal wear. If you'd like to see pics you'll have to wait. My wife is gone for the end of the weekend :LOL: - helping to babysit grandkids.
Excellent! If you don't need to see the pics I can just send them over to you. Check them out and you can send something from my e-mail reply list (I really like the N.L. team checklists from 1968 if one of those is of equivalent value to the 3 Kellogg's cards). I am really not concerned about wear at all and trust your judgement on value. As long as I can read the back of the card I will love it! If this works let me know how to get them to you.

Enjoy your "solo" weekend!

No idea on a bv for the Kellogg's cards. How about the Dodgers and the Pirates for the Kellogg's. Well secured PWE is fine with me. If agreeable feel free to post or LMK and I can post. Thanks again and welcome to The Bench!

Hello and welcome to the Bench... I hope you find it worthwhile.
I would be interested in finding out what the cards are you have for the following baseball years:
1970, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78 , '79 and '81 please.
also, do you have '91 Desert Shield #333?
Thanks for your attention, if it's easier for you to send lists to me via email: [email protected]

Hello and welcome to the Bench... I hope you find it worthwhile.
I would be interested in finding out what the cards are you have for the following baseball years:
1970, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78 , '79 and '81 please.
also, do you have '91 Desert Shield #333?
Thanks for your attention, if it's easier for you to send lists to me via email: [email protected]
Hi and thanks!
I will compile the list of number from those years either today or Tuesday and send them to your e-mail.
Thanks!

Hey, I attached the list of card numbers. Also, no, I do not have any big names from the Desert Shield series. Just commons.

Attachments

• 1970 to 1981 card numbers.pdf
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
Hey friend,
Thanks for taking the time to list the numbers. I can use the following. I am looking for NM condition on these; however,
these are not upgrades and I'm actually missing them and would consider trading for them until I can get upgrades. Any
idea what condition these are in?
'75 #660 507 394 228
'76 #191
'77 #604
'78 #356 #36 What condition is your Eddie Murray in?

Interested in these if they are in NM condition:
'73 #594
'74 #29 38 82 544 599C (SD in small print) Traded chklist
if your '70s cards tend to be in NM condition, I can use many more, but if not, I won't bother with a bigger list. You let me know
and if possible I can upgrade with what you have.
Thanks, Rooster.

Hello!
So, I have learned a lot about grading in the last 12 hours. I stopped collecting/trading more than 20 years ago and things have obviously changed drastically since then. I have looked at a lot of examples of the card grades and in my exceptionally, unofficial opinion here is what I think these would be graded at. If you are interested I can certainly take some photos because I am sure you would know the difference by seeing the cards. Here goes!
1975 #660 = 4, #507 = 5, #394 = 3, #228 = 4
1976 #191 = 3 or 4 (the back of the card is framed very poorly)
1977 #604 = 5
1978 #356 = 4 or 5, #36 = 6 or 7

I currently do not have any NM condition cards that you listed from 1973 or 1974. I will keep this list and let you know if find anything through my trading/card show/flea market adventures.

Thanks much, Rooster!