For The Often Underappreciated Post Office, Kudos On A Great Job!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesNevans

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
The Post Office is often maligned, but I don't know who can else can mail a 6 ounce bubble envelope for $2.77 with tracking let alone get it there this quick:

Delivered, August 30, 2010, 2:01 pm, SOUTH BEND, IN 46614
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, August 30, 2010, 7:55 am, SOUTH BEND, IN 46614
Sorting Complete, August 30, 2010, 7:25 am, SOUTH BEND, IN 46614
Arrival at Post Office, August 30, 2010, 7:18 am, SOUTH BEND, IN 46614
Processed through Sort Facility, August 29, 2010, 9:23 pm, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241
Processed through Sort Facility, August 28, 2010, 8:18 pm, WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799
Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 28, 2010

I printed the mailer upon receipt of PayPal funds and then went to get my wife some lunch on Saturday and ran into a postwoman who took my package, it was process, shipped, and delivered today (Monday) in one business day! Under 48 hours in real time too.

On the flip side I tried to send something to Hong Kong paying at the P.O. I didnt pay the clerk much attention as they ran the postage sticker off and I took my receipt and left. By the time I made it home that evening I had a package with my return address on it addressed to Hong Kong no postage label on it and a Postage Due stamp where it should be. It beat me home! That always disappearing postage label. You would think that if they took it at the counter they would know they put postage on it. The only thing that saved me was those dang customs forms with the serial # printed on them and on my receipt matched which showed I paid postage on it. For once Im glad they made me fill one out.
Heck, after years of asking about them my post office just got 61 cent stamps so I can just use two to get $1.22. Before if I wanted to send something in a one ounce envelope I had to put a dollar, 2 ten cent and 2 one cent since they ran out of two cent and wouldnt reorder. Not much room left for a addy sticker. They took out the stamp machine because they said it caused too much labor so they hired another clerk. LOL After hours outta luck. Overall I guess they are getting better slowly but surely. I would hate to have to send Fedex or UPS all the time.

I have agree...they do an outstanding job.....over 4,000 mailings in 3 1/2 years and only had a few problems....and most of those were make right by the United States Post Office! Best regards, David

They deffinately deserve more credit. I love going to my post office, their process their stuff very quickly. First class seems to get there just as quickly as priority mail.