Found an affordable 1952 Topps Mantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wonder if its a fake? take a worthless card and beat it to the brink of nothingness and who can tell if its a fake or not?

wonder if its a fake? take a worthless card and beat it to the brink of nothingness and who can tell if its a fake or not?

Yes, you are right. Many expensive old cards in horrendous shape like that are fakes for the reason you stated. I would rather pay extra for a graded card with a grade of "A" for authentic, its a big gamble.

Whats the tip off at its reprint? Seems some where on the front or back it would state it was a reprint. Best regards, David

The legitimate reprints do say that. The reprints that are made to try and rip people off do not say "reprint" anywhere on them. There are a ton of reprint Mantles on ebay right now that do not say the word "reprint" on them anywhere.

Actually I'd say it's definitely fake.. If you look at the other one it is a real one that is just really beat up.. But the Mantle is chopped so that you couldn't tell the size difference.. Just using my eye it looks like the Mantle is the size of a normal card using the borders as a judgement from the other one.. If I remember correctly the 52s were a little taller than today's sized cards