Fourth Spring Training Contest!!!! **WINNER IS ANGLINOMICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct on the one guess rule on this contest. I did not read the rules on this contest and just assumed it was one guess per day as the other contests had been. So my one and only guess is 68 the year of my first MLB game.

Numbers chosen: 7, 44, 59, 68, 73, 81, 83.

No worries friends, I am enjoying the dialogue!!

I will close this tonight, anyone who hasn't guessed yet is welcome to guess....

Last edited:
I am seeing multiple guesses from folks - thought this was a guess once contest??

Municipal Stadium did have some horrible baseball played in it over the years. But than again, most stadiums have. I was lucky, for most of the time I spent at Municipal, and than Jacobs Field, it was Belle, Lofton, Alomar, Baerga, et. al. So lots of good times. And of course, The Flats....if you couldn't have fun there, you couldn't have fun anywhere!

And I will have to say, that decade was a revival of Cleveland Baseball, those were some greats of the era!

This is a wikipedia photo of the inside of the stadium, final season, and my gosh, you were not kidding about the attendance, look at the upper deck!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleve...ile:ClevelandMunicipalStadium1993Interior.jpg

The great thing about it, never a line for a beer or a hot dog w/ Stadium Mustard. If you have never had Cleveland Stadium Mustard on a dog, you are missing out. And I know Bryon (mm1sub) will back me up on that! Before you were able to order it online - my best friends parents in Cleveland would send me a couple bottles every year before baseball season.

And I will say it again - there needs to be a thread started with the best baseball stadium eats!

The great thing about it, never a line for a beer or a hot dog w/ Stadium Mustard. If you have never had Cleveland Stadium Mustard on a dog, you are missing out. And I know Bryon (mm1sub) will back me up on that! Before you were able to order it online - my best friends parents in Cleveland would send me a couple bottles every year before baseball season.

And I will say it again - there needs to be a thread started with the best baseball stadium eats!

I will start my next contest tomorrow, and I think that should be the tagline to go with each guess of the day!!

The winning number was 9, for the number of strikeouts Jamie Moyer threw in my first game! Anglinomics, you had 7, you were closest!

Congrats and God Bless!

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.