Frank Thomas auto request!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
A few years ago (3 or 4). Tri-Star Production had Frank Thomas signing autos in San Francisco! I was in line for his auto....there was an extra charge for having Frank add something special....So I requested his "Big Hurt" with his auto on a baseball card. Frank said he could not do it....and was there something else instead? http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-THOMAS-A...ltDomain_0&hash=item35b141db44#ht_2718wt_1219 Found this on ebay! Thanks Frank! Best regards, David

I agree with the above......I seriously doubt the inscription on that card is legit. The auto - yes. The "Big Hurt" - no.

Tim

I find this phrase in the auction listing to be interesting:

"This is a stock item. We have several of these and you will receive one that is of equal quality. This item is mint and we guarantee your satisfaction."

They have several of these 90 Leaf RC's with the same inscription? Potentially fishy to me.

okay i am learning here, so why wouldnt he add the inscription? whats the problem with it?

i guess i can understand that but on another level it makes no sense. but all that besides. i guess it the auto is authentic then that is what they would certify correct? and if it was added, makes one wonder if mill creek sports did it? kind of puts a different spin on thier credability i guess. glad i ahvent done business with them yet.

I find this phrase in the auction listing to be interesting:

"This is a stock item. We have several of these and you will receive one that is of equal quality. This item is mint and we guarantee your satisfaction."

They have several of these 90 Leaf RC's with the same inscription? Potentially fishy to me.

yea. that doesnt sound right.

i just emailed and asked them.

Dear millcreeksports,

this is a very intresting item to me, but i am confused as to whom put the inscription on the card "the big hurt" Frank would never do that, when asked at an inperson signing event he refuses to sign a card with that inscription, did you guys add the inscription and or do you have other authentic proof that frank signed the card that way other than a PSA/DNA signature authentication. becasue as we know they authenticate the signature only not an inscription. or do they do that now too?

Dave
- anewprguy

and this was the response

Dear anewprguy,

he put it on there for us at the signing. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Brent

Mill Creek Sports
15704 Mill Creek Blvd, #5
Mill Creek, WA 98012

If you look at there website they list all the past signings they have had back to 2004 and no Frank Thomas listed unless I missed it.