FYI - 2010 Bowman Chrome refractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dp33

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Just an FYI for traders - just because the back of the 2010 Bowman Chrome cards say refractor does not mean they are refractors. I have received several in trades now that are designated refractors, but are actually just the base cards.

Just an FYI for traders - just because the back of the 2010 Bowman Chrome cards say refractor does not mean they are refractors. I have received several in trades now that are designated refractors, but are actually just the base cards.

This is a problem that has happened many times before... they are refractors that for whatever reason did not go through the refractor process... so technically they are printing errors, not base cards....

What exactly is the difference between a chrome card and a refractor? I have often wondered but don't really know.

Thanks, Rich

What exactly is the difference between a chrome card and a refractor? I have often wondered but don't really know.

Thanks, Rich

A refractor is a Chrome card with a "rainbowish" looking finish to the front, and sometimes the back in the case of the old Finest cards.

Heres a list of the ones I have so far,..
Would be a interesting set to attempt,.

#213 Luis Atilano RC
#220 Lance Zawadzki RC
#30 Justin Upton
#42 M. Bourn
#45 E. Volquez
#53 Martin Prado
#98 Jared Weaver
#126 Joe Mauer<<this one would trade fast
161 Mat Latos

Clint

This is a problem that has happened many times before... they are refractors that for whatever reason did not go through the refractor process... so technically they are printing errors, not base cards....

Really? This is the first time I've ever seen it. I would say they are base cards with printing errors on the back. And when you're trading at refractor BVs and getting base cards in return, not too much fun.

You would think the person trading the refractors would realize something was wrong! If the front does not have the Rainbow effect....and just because it has refractor on the back..does not made it a refractor card...more of an interesting error card! Best regards, David

I'm in the process of trading for a Pujols like this. The Bowman Chrome base card I already have doesn't say refractor on the back so this "error" has been corrected and hopefully Beckett can determine some sort of pricing for these eventually. Later on,I'll check on my other base cards and see how many of them have this same problem.

The easiest way to tell is without looking at the back.If the card has a border it will be "chrome" in color as opposed to white or whatever color the border is on the base card.

Well, that's the problem with the Bowman Chrome refractors. They have the same black border as the base cards, so you can't tell from the border. You have to look for the rainbow, so to speak.