Get Rid Of The CMB Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rednecksims

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
When peoples threads get moved in there they never get looked at. If people dont want to check someones bucket they can easily move on to the next thread. I believe this forum is causing less trading to happen.

David

I posted a thread to CMB and it didnt get moved to the CMB forum and had tons of hits and replies for the football forum but i posted one yesterday and it has one reply. If someone doesnt want to CMB then they can not and move to the next thread. I personally feel its keeping from some trades happening and its pretty much why the football forum is dead. Its just a suggestion.

David

I liked it when there seemed to be a lot of check my bucket threads.. But it seems that a lot of those posts have gone away.. I think there are less buckets on here then there used to be

Could be that most of those people didn't have specific collecting habits. Every time I posted on one I asked what they are looking for and I get the following reply, "I am looking for anything that catches my eye". That translates to I want your highest valued and hottest card for my $8 gu!

I don't even bother looking at them anymore unless it is a trader that I know or have delt with.

CMB is good because all the lazy threads that don't list what's for trade that are placed there aren't cluttering up the specific want and trade threads in proper forums.

Could be that most of those people didn't have specific collecting habits. Every time I posted on one I asked what they are looking for and I get the following reply, "I am looking for anything that catches my eye". That translates to I want your highest valued and hottest card for my $8 gu!

I don't even bother looking at them anymore unless it is a trader that I know or have delt with.
DING!!
Bucket traders tend not to be set collectors or players collectors for that matter. That is why they THINK a bucket is a decent replacement for a list.

CMB is good because all the lazy threads that don't list what's for trade that are placed there aren't cluttering up the specific want and trade threads in proper forums.
DING! DING!
There is a reason that forum is so unpopular, it's because buckets are unpopular. Moving them to the general forum won't help that.

Last edited:
May also have something to do with the worm/virus that went around last week on photobucket. Several traders here have mentioned that they got hit while CMB'ing, myself included.

I think we can leave the Buckett as is. I think traders who want to look at it will. I check them once in awhile. If the bucket is done well I keep looking. If it is not done well, multiple pics in one scan were you can not tell who the player is. Pics done sideways and when there is no discription of the card I tend to leave the buckett alone. I run a list as well as a buckett and recently started adding the card info to the pic so that when you click on it to enlarge the card you will see the info. But I much prefer to see a list and then have the option of looking at bucketts to see the card. Also prefer when scans are posted in a thread. Again I like all pics done individually and not sideways.

AMEN to that!

I agree that buckets can be a pain to look through, but I don't like to trade for cards I can't see either. I think buckets and lists each have their proper place.

John

I look at buckets sometimes,but,for entertainment and
not for trading purposes.I like checking out collections
and admiring great looking cards.
It is true that some are easier to navigate than others and
yes,each card should be scanned seperatly.
Ken

I have Check My Bucket as an excluded forum and I guess that others do as well. This means I don't even see those threads.

I think it should stay. I can't stand lists, I usually don't even bother to look if someone has a list. A bucket on the other hand I will scour through for an hour, I guess it's just each persons preference.

Jeremy

I think buckets are great but only if:

1) they are done well (no gang scans and each card labeled with at least the players name)

2) they are kept up to date

With a list, sometimes you have no idea what the card looks like and with a bucket, sometimes, you just like design of the card....again, but only if a bucket is done well

That is the problem with CMB...Seems like 9 times out of 10 people who post CMB never update!!! If you can't update your bucket,what's the point? That's why I don't use one and will not check any..How many times have you heard my bucket is open and then when you ask about something it has either been traded long ago or is NFT...