Going through Dads Collection!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsucolonel

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Well I have been going through my fathers extensive collection. It ranges from records (35,000 45's and 15,000 albums), vintage movie poster, vintage non sports cards, B-Western and much much more. Well I came across this set of 1950 Ed-U Lone Ranger cards. There is a series of eight envelopes of different colors. Each one contains 5 panels of three cards. I have seen these sets but not complete like this. Out of the 8 series he has 7. He told me he has the other but is not sure where it is. These are beautiful and thought I should share. Also I was thinking about entering these in 2011 Bench awards in the Non-sports section.

S2Envelopewithcards-vi.jpg
S2123-vi.jpg

S3Evelopewithcards-vi.jpgS3313233-vi.jpg
S4EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS4404142-vi.jpg
S5Envelopewithcards-vi.jpgS5161718-vi.jpg
S6EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS6192021-vi.jpg
S7EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS7106107108-vi.jpg
S8EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS8464748-vi.jpg

I also found these on ebay for sale!!!!! The seller states that there are only 2 complete sets registered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Ed-U-Cards-Lone-Ranger-Set-120-cards-/180464348095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a04836bbf

If anyone has Series 1 Please let me know!!!!

jason

Nice looking collection of non spots.
LOne Raner and Tonto were very popular back in the 50,s started out in black and white and later went to color Hi Ho Silver and Getem up Scout
Go ahead and enter it in THE BENCH AWARDS
Chief

Very impressive!! Hope you locate Series 1!!

If you happen to come across a 45 by the Meridians called "Have You Forgotten", or any of the Skyliners recordings on the Calico label, I'd be interested.

Nice looking collection of non spots.
LOne Raner and Tonto were very popular back in the 50,s started out in black and white and later went to color Hi Ho Silver and Getem up Scout
Go ahead and enter it in THE BENCH AWARDS
Chief

Thanks. My dad is actually a B western historian. Is constantly doing interviews in the news paper. His hero growing up was lone ranger and lash la rue. He new lash personally. Do u think I can enter all of them or is the contest for one card?

Jason

Very impressive!! Hope you locate Series 1!!

If you happen to come across a 45 by the Meridians called "Have You Forgotten", or any of the Skyliners recordings on the Calico label, I'd be interested.

Talked to my father and he said he deffinetly has the Skyliners on Calico Label. He will look tonight and see what he has extra. Also he will check for anything by the Merisians.

jason

Simple, yet attractive. I think part of the allure for me on the old stuff is the knowledge that it is limited more than the actual look of some things though. For example, Berk Ross cards are pretty boring and ugly, but it's cool to find and own them and they are not that prevalent. On the flip side, everyone and their brother has or can easily buy a Ken Griffey UD rookie card if they want one.

The key to the auction statement is that there are only 2 sets known in the hobby. Those are probably fairly well know sets that have been "announced" by the current owners or perhaps they are talking about sets that have sold at major auction houses and thus, confirmed.

The fun part of collecting stuff like this is that there are plenty of people, especially in the past, that didn't advertise what they had and slowly collected and tucked away their goodies unknown to the rest of the collecting world. These awesome collections might only be known to the owner of family members and may never see the light of day until the owners passed away or sold the collections. Nowadays with the internet, photo sites and such, everyone wants to brag about what they have. It's harder to keep things hush, but I'm positive plenty of people still do. Heck, I even think now and again why I am announcing on the net that I have "X" item, worth "Y" dollars? Other than boastful pride, it is just an invite to get robbed if the wrong person with the right knowledge and skill to track someone down comes across your site or comments!

If your dad has the first panel set, like I think you mentioned, then he may have one of ??? number of sets not known to the hobby.

Simple, yet attractive. I think part of the allure for me on the old stuff is the knowledge that it is limited more than the actual look of some things though. For example, Berk Ross cards are pretty boring and ugly, but it's cool to find and own them and they are not that prevalent. On the flip side, everyone and their brother has or can easily buy a Ken Griffey UD rookie card if they want one.

The key to the auction statement is that there are only 2 sets known in the hobby. Those are probably fairly well know sets that have been "announced" by the current owners or perhaps they are talking about sets that have sold at major auction houses and thus, confirmed.

The fun part of collecting stuff like this is that there are plenty of people, especially in the past, that didn't advertise what they had and slowly collected and tucked away their goodies unknown to the rest of the collecting world. These awesome collections might only be known to the owner of family members and may never see the light of day until the owners passed away or sold the collections. Nowadays with the internet, photo sites and such, everyone wants to brag about what they have. It's harder to keep things hush, but I'm positive plenty of people still do. Heck, I even think now and again why I am announcing on the net that I have "X" item, worth "Y" dollars? Other than boastful pride, it is just an invite to get robbed if the wrong person with the right knowledge and skill to track someone down comes across your site or comments!

If your dad has the first panel set, like I think you mentioned, then he may have one of ??? number of sets not known to the hobby.

I totally agree with you. The reason I show things off because I like to share my items with people that apriciate this kind of stuff. Its nice to have a community like this to talk about rare items.

I do hope my father finds set 1

jason

It is nice to see neat oddball stuff. I often "steal" scans of cool items, autographs and such for a private database I have. I know some of my scans have been borrowed too, as I see them in blogs and such. When someone posts something unique, it's nice to be able to remember/save it for future reference. I can't always save them though and those who watermark them bug me too, but I understand why. I am saving the scans for personal enjoyment and reference though, not for any sort of foul play or monetary gain reasons.

It is nice to see neat oddball stuff. I often "steal" scans of cool items, autographs and such for a private database I have. I know some of my scans have been borrowed too, as I see them in blogs and such. When someone posts something unique, it's nice to be able to remember/save it for future reference. I can't always save them though and those who watermark them bug me too, but I understand why. I am saving the scans for personal enjoyment and reference though, not for any sort of foul play or monetary gain reasons.

Feel free to borrow the images. Here is the link to all of them

http://public.fotki.com/nsucolonel/non-sorts/vintage-sets/western/lone-ranger/

jason

Talked to my father and he said he deffinetly has the Skyliners on Calico Label. He will look tonight and see what he has extra. Also he will check for anything by the Merisians.

jason

Awesome!! I'll wait to hear from you.

That Meridians single is on the Parnaso label, if that helps.

Thanks,
Dan

Nice lot and excellent pics!! This of course was WAY before the MASS PRODUCTION days of the late 80's early 90's. LoL!!
Hope you can find the 1st series to make this set complete and hopefully the 3rd known set!!
:D :D :D

Well I have been going through my fathers extensive collection. It ranges from records (35,000 45's and 15,000 albums), vintage movie poster, vintage non sports cards, B-Western and much much more. Well I came across this set of 1950 Ed-U Lone Ranger cards. There is a series of eight envelopes of different colors. Each one contains 5 panels of three cards. I have seen these sets but not complete like this. Out of the 8 series he has 7. He told me he has the other but is not sure where it is. These are beautiful and thought I should share. Also I was thinking about entering these in 2011 Bench awards in the Non-sports section.

S2Envelopewithcards-vi.jpg
S2123-vi.jpg

S3Evelopewithcards-vi.jpgS3313233-vi.jpg
S4EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS4404142-vi.jpg
S5Envelopewithcards-vi.jpgS5161718-vi.jpg
S6EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS6192021-vi.jpg
S7EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS7106107108-vi.jpg
S8EnvelopewithCards-vi.jpgS8464748-vi.jpg

I also found these on ebay for sale!!!!! The seller states that there are only 2 complete sets registered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Ed-U-Cards-Lone-Ranger-Set-120-cards-/180464348095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a04836bbf

If anyone has Series 1 Please let me know!!!!

jason

Nice! I'm starting a vintage collection next to my collections of baseball misc., Mark Martin, jerseys, video games, etc, etc. The good old stuff is pretty tough to find, though, especially things related to popular TV shows. Hope you find that last one!

Nice! I'm starting a vintage collection next to my collections of baseball misc., Mark Martin, jerseys, video games, etc, etc. The good old stuff is pretty tough to find, though, especially things related to popular TV shows. Hope you find that last one!

I hope to find it as well

jason

Very cool collection, sounds like your Dad is quite the historian!

My Dad liked to go to Radio Shack in the 1970's and buy ten connectors for something he did not need it for anyway. I think your Dad had the better idea.

Stay dry, I'm on the coast of Alabama, so I feel your pain. They say it might rain through Tuesday, so it's going to be wet!

Todd

Very cool collection, sounds like your Dad is quite the historian!

My Dad liked to go to Radio Shack in the 1970's and buy ten connectors for something he did not need it for anyway. I think your Dad had the better idea.

Stay dry, I'm on the coast of Alabama, so I feel your pain. They say it might rain through Tuesday, so it's going to be wet!

Todd

Ill do my best to stay dry. You too stay dry.

Yep, My father has a very intense collection. He has 3 storage units of collectibles. Right now Im acctually drawing up plans for a 20 x 40 room added onto my house to display his collection along with mine.

Jason