GRAPLER135s WINS IT ON THE FIRST GUESS!! CONTEST IS CLOSED! New Year's Week Contest!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCLJ520

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey all,

Got 3 signed customs to give away from Linda Harrison, who portrayed Nova in the 1968 version of Planet of the Apes.

20201227_203529.jpg

Pick a number 1 to 75, one guess per member per day! Open to everyone!

Tell me your favorite Rod Serling project too, as he was the screen writer for the movie!

Compliments of the Season!

Kevin

Last edited:
12 please. Huge Rod Serling/Twilight Zone fan! Some really great episodes but the pilot episode Where Is Everybody? was always my favorite.

Thanks for the contest!

Mike

This has never happened in one of my contests before, but @grapler135s wins it! 12 was the number for the 12 Days of Christmas!!

I think Rod Serling is brilliant, loved the Twilight Zone....Miniature was my favorite episode, with Robert Duvall. I met him at his alma mater, Principia College, when he returned to campus for a speaking engagement. He stayed to sign everything everyone put in front of him, and while he was signing for me, I mentioned that Miniature was my favorite of his work to him. He stopped, looked at me, and said "I'm glad you enjoyed that one. Not many people mention that, and I really loved working with Rod Serling. I had just done 'To Kill a Mockingbird ' and was getting started. I felt like Rod gave me a great chance since that was such a popular tv show at the time. I was living in New York with Gene and Dusty, and things really started taking off for me after that!" He thanked me, and I said "thank YOU, Mr. Duvall" to which he said "call me Bob!"

I mean, how many people in this world can call Gene Hackman by his first name? And how many fewer can call Dustin Hoffman "Dusty"?? And I think probably only one can say the three of them roomed together in New York while auditioning and waiting for their careers to take off!

Here is the photo from that day:

IMG_7393.JPG

Bob has literally looked the exact same for about 30 years!!

Congrats on your first guess win!! I am posting now, if you confirm, I will mail today (with how slow USPS has been, I am sure it will reach you by February!!)

Kevin

This has never happened in one of my contests before, but @grapler135s wins it! 12 was the number for the 12 Days of Christmas!!

I think Rod Serling is brilliant, loved the Twilight Zone....Miniature was my favorite episode, with Robert Duvall. I met him at his alma mater, Principia College, when he returned to campus for a speaking engagement. He stayed to sign everything everyone put in front of him, and while he was signing for me, I mentioned that Miniature was my favorite of his work to him. He stopped, looked at me, and said "I'm glad you enjoyed that one. Not many people mention that, and I really loved working with Rod Serling. I had just done 'To Kill a Mockingbird ' and was getting started. I felt like Rod gave me a great chance since that was such a popular tv show at the time. I was living in New York with Gene and Dusty, and things really started taking off for me after that!" He thanked me, and I said "thank YOU, Mr. Duvall" to which he said "call me Bob!"

I mean, how many people in this world can call Gene Hackman by his first name? And how many fewer can call Dustin Hoffman "Dusty"?? And I think probably only one can say the three of them roomed together in New York while auditioning and waiting for their careers to take off!

Here is the photo from that day:

View attachment 5677

Bob has literally looked the exact same for about 30 years!!

Congrats on your first guess win!! I am posting now, if you confirm, I will mail today (with how slow USPS has been, I am sure it will reach you by February!!)

Kevin
Unbelievable!!! So great, thanks for the awesome contest and prize Kevin! These have definitely found a good home. :)

And really cool story that you shared about meeting Robert Duvall. Love his work!

Here is my Serling/Twilight Zone wall. All were personally obtained (except the Serling check) at shows.

2EDEF264-232B-4FD3-ACDF-3D76E7A0B7FD.jpeg

Thanks again so much Kevin. Happy New Year to you and your family!

All the best,
Mike

Mike,

Those are MAGNIFICENT! I did not know that you were into the Zone, and those are awesome collectibles! To Serve Man was another great episode, the "Its a cookbook" inscription on that one is super cool! Earl Holliman is another great signer, and a nice man in real life from what I understand. SUPER COOL, thanks for sharing!!

Blessings,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.