Happy Thanksgiving - Highland Mint Frank Thomas Bronze Coin - CONTEST OVER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
PA170075_1.jpg

The prize is (1) Highland Mint bronze coin of Future HOFer and former Chicago White Sox star Frank Thomas.

I do not remember the exact year of issue, but I want to say 1994. These coins were enclosed in a plastic coin holder and held within a nice velvet jewelry box. Each coin has a certificate with serial number and matching number stamped into the back of the coin. The coin was part of an issue of 25,000, back when 25,000 seemed like a limited number! Still, this is really a nice coin all the same. They appear to be selling in the $10-20 range online, so it's a little nicer than your typically sports coin.

To win it, you need to guess the EXACT serial number of the coin shown.

Rules:
1) Must be a member in good standing to participate - No MSF, Slow Trader, Suspended or Banned members, etc may participate. The exception would be a new member who has a MSF avatar because they have not reached 20 trades yet. As long as that member is maintaining a 5.0 trade rating, they may enter.
2) One guess per calendar day, per member.
3) Random clues will be offered periodically to help reduce the possibilities and narrow down the field.

Because the number of possible answers is so large, I will periodically close the gap. For example, I may say at some point that the numbers are between 1000 & 10000 or that the number is greater than 15000. These clues will be randomly offered. I'd like to try to pinpoint this so that the contest is awarded by Thanksgiving weekend.

I will NOT be tracking the guesses already made, other than if the number is picked, a winner will be announced. To use your daily guess wisely, you may need to review what others have already guessed. Sorry, but that would require just a little too much work than I had intended.

If someone actually guesses the right number before the first clue is given, there will be a bonus prize given as well. Prize TBD by me.

Last edited:
CLUE #1 - The number is not in the 20,000-25,000 range.
CLUE #2 - The number is an EVEN number.
CLUE #3 - The number is LESS than 5000.
CLUE #4 - Someone came within 35 of the number since the last clue was published!
CLUE #5 - Someone was within ONE number of the serial number since the last clue was published!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.