Happy to say, that I accepted a Job offer to work for COMC. I start Tuesday!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Not only a GREAT job! But man. This is a player collector and set builders dream come true. I'm seeing sooo many cards I want to add to my PC come through daily :) Check it out! www.comc.com

Not only a GREAT job! But man. This is a player collector and set builders dream come true. I'm seeing sooo many cards I want to add to my PC come through daily :) Check it out! www.comc.com

I stumbled across that site logo somewhere and when I went there I got excited myself. then upon cruzing the site I saw they had job openings and got REAL jealous of those living in the northwest. I have been wanting for the past 5 years to move out to vegas area as I am living in st Louis but originally from southern California.

does working there prevent you from purchasing items from there? I see a bundle of items that I want for my 2011 topps set. how does that process work?? do I sent actual cards to your facility and you load them onto the website and I wait for them to sell?? do I take photos of what I want to sell and send those?? really interested in the process.

steve1972

I stumbled across that site logo somewhere and when I went there I got excited myself. then upon cruzing the site I saw they had job openings and got REAL jealous of those living in the northwest. I have been wanting for the past 5 years to move out to vegas area as I am living in st Louis but originally from southern California.

does working there prevent you from purchasing items from there? I see a bundle of items that I want for my 2011 topps set. how does that process work?? do I sent actual cards to your facility and you load them onto the website and I wait for them to sell?? do I take photos of what I want to sell and send those?? really interested in the process.

steve1972

You send your cards to us. We do the rest :) No need to take photos, that's all done on site in our facility. You just wait for the cards to sell :) that's it. There are fees (obviously) but I can't believe what comes in daily. Jealous of many of the sellers collections. it's crazy!

As a player collector (Griffey) and Set collector (with shortprints) this company is a dream come true for collectors like me. I can buy anything I see on the site, and pay the same shipping cost, as it's also shipped from our facility. Many many many sellers out there. It all comes to one place.

Brian

Last edited:
And, no. Every employee here is a collector, and they encourage us to buy from the site.

Last edited:
You send your cards to us. We do the rest :) No need to take photos, that's all done on site in our facility. You just wait for the cards to sell :) that's it. There are fees (obviously) but I can't believe what comes in daily. Jealous of many of the sellers collections. it's crazy!

As a player collector (Griffey) and Set collector (with shortprints) this company is a dream come true for collectors like me. I can buy anything I see on the site, and pay the same shipping cost, as it's also shipped from our facility. Many many many sellers out there. It all comes to one place.

Brian

brian,

who determines the selling price of the cards?? do we let you know what we want out of it?? think I am going to put a box of things together and mail it out. do you just do singles or complete sets also?? how long does the item stay on the site?? you send it back if it doesn't sell??

I too collect Griffey jr so I know I would go BANANAS in that place. I am wanting to add 2011 commemorative patches, diamonds and cognac for my set, and a.s. g/u from the update set. I know I have seen a few dozen of that stuff on the site.

steve

brian,

who determines the selling price of the cards?? do we let you know what we want out of it?? think I am going to put a box of things together and mail it out. do you just do singles or complete sets also?? how long does the item stay on the site?? you send it back if it doesn't sell??

I too collect Griffey jr so I know I would go BANANAS in that place. I am wanting to add 2011 commemorative patches, diamonds and cognac for my set, and a.s. g/u from the update set. I know I have seen a few dozen of that stuff on the site.

steve

You determine the price. We give suggestions, but ultimately it's your call :) I believe it's $.20 per card to submit them to us, and there are storage fees after a set time, but we don't ship anything back until/unless you ask us to. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot if you have the time and $ :)

Thanks!
Brian

Nice! I've been really impressed with my dealings with them too. Love their crowdsourced price guide -- once it's up and running fully, it's going to be fantastic. Best wishes!

I've been using the site for a few years and as a seller the last two, so I can answer some of these:

The individual sellers price their own cards (some do a better job than others). They populate all of the information for the cards and when they are ready you get an e-mail. You go through and price the cards - it's actually easier now than it was before, because they list more information on the pricing page.

The only sell singles right now - they also do comics.

It takes 2-8 weeks to process (some of us are experiencing late processing right now - 90% of my stuff is done by the due date) once they are received. Right now, there is no charge until the are done processing. You get charged for cards as they populate. Cards used to populate all at once, now the populate as they are finished - you get spurts of cards (sometimes 1, sometimes 100). Cards stay in their warehouse and on site until you tell them otherwise. The first three months are free storage, if it doesn't sell in that time they charge you a penny per card listed for more than .75 per month.

Free advice - don't send in stuff that has a ton listed already (unless it's stuff that sells through quickly). Try and find things with 0-3 copies on site for the best results. Price to sell it - some people think COMC is more of a museum.

brian,

steve

Basic 2-8 Week service is .25 per card.

Premium 3 Day service is $1.00 per card.

You determine the price. We give suggestions, but ultimately it's your call :) I believe it's $.20 per card to submit them to us, and there are storage fees after a set time, but we don't ship anything back until/unless you ask us to. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot if you have the time and $ :)

Thanks!
Brian

I have a question that a buddy and I were debating. It may be interesting to see if this is one that can even be openly answered.

As an employee, the staff is receiving the cards and prepping them for sale. The cards are not seen by anyone until they post, obviously. As a collector, if you see the cards coming in, are you able to buy them before they post or is it required that they are posted first? It makes sense that cherry picking the best cards isn't helping the company to draw more buyers and sellers, but as a collector, we take any advantage we can get to obtain that next want list item. Along the same lines, say you (employee) wants a card, but are required to post it first. There is a chance that another collector could spot that card right as it is being posted and grab it, but as an employee who knows exactly when the card will post, you would have an advantage to grabbing it as it is posting.

It is what it is, but I'm curious to know how much, if anything, is not making it to the market or appearing ever so briefly that only miracle timing will allow the average Joe to snag it.

Until the cards are posted, they aren't priced, so there would be no way to buy them.

The site is still a huge mess right now...what's the honest/realistic time frame for all cards to be correcfly id'ed??? Searching for specific cards/insert sets is impossible right now.