Happy to say, that I accepted a Job offer to work for COMC. I start Tuesday!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm joining the ID team soon and will let you know what I can as far as time frame :)

Last edited:
We are working day and night to update everything. I'm joining the ID team and working mucho hours in the next few months to help with everything. Here's the announcement from the CEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX7B...ature=youtu.be

I don't know what the approach is regarding the catalog from the COMC team's side, but I think if a handful of people went in an knocked out the set names and parallel names, it would speed things up drastically on the search side.

There are so many "basic" insert sets that don't even have the proper name listed. It is literally impossible for a player collector to find a card he is looking for. Knowing that fact, there is little incentive for a consignor to send in rare or hard to find items if there is no easy way to search for them.

Have they considered outright offering some correction duty to members? I think there are quite a few people that would run through corrections for absolutely no charge just to help get the site back up and ticking.

Update: We are making GREAT progress. You've probably seen it piece by piece. There is still a LOT to be done, and we are focusing on everything we can, but understand... There are BILLIONS of cards out there, and we have TONS of cards coming in daily.... it's definitely a work in progress, but everyone is committed to getting this DONE!

I noticed several of my cards have finally had their edits accepted. Keep up the great work! I won't hold my breath on the Japanese stuff.

I noticed several of my cards have finally had their edits accepted. Keep up the great work! I won't hold my breath on the Japanese stuff.

I hear ya Daclyde :) It's coming though. Like I said... One step at a time. ID'ing cards is not always easy ;) especially when there are billions of them out there, but rest assured... it's coming. Just use the "Edit" feature, and we are getting to them all, and fixing things as we see them. It's quite the task, but wow... A lot of progress in the last few months. We'll get there!!

Brian

are they having any upcoming send in offers? i just missed the national special, so i am waiting for another special, any specials coming any time soon? thanks

I see they are hiring more people. It looks to be a great opportunity for those just hitting the work force that like cards and the industry. If the WA minimum wage eventually hits $15 for ALL, then COMC will need to adjust as all other smaller businesses will. I would love to come to work and truly enjoy what I was doing, but that ship has sailed long ago!! I couldn't afford the pay cut now.

Brian, maybe you know how I get my $10 COMC gift card that I bought with my 600 Bench Bucks? I can't seem to get ahold of Peter. LMK, Aaron

Brian, maybe you know how I get my $10 COMC gift card that I bought with my 600 Bench Bucks? I can't seem to get ahold of Peter. LMK, Aaron

I'll ask around tomorrow Aaron. I'm not sure how the affiliate programs work, yet. I'll get an answer to you asap by PM.

Thanks!
Brian

Brian,

Please pass my concerns along to COMC's hierarchy. In less than a week it will be October and COMC is still screwed up beyond belief...I had over a hundred different searches before the problems with Beckett happen. At this point, neverly SIX Months later, less than 1/2 of the searches are functionable. As a buyer, spending has dropped off considerably for me since I can not easily search for what I need. Very fustrated.

Brian,

Please pass my concerns along to COMC's hierarchy. In less than a week it will be October and COMC is still screwed up beyond belief...I had over a hundred different searches before the problems with Beckett happen. At this point, neverly SIX Months later, less than 1/2 of the searches are functionable. As a buyer, spending has dropped off considerably for me since I can not easily search for what I need. Very fustrated.

I agree. It is especially frustrating that there are hall of fame players that aren't properly titled. I could care less if the Tim Couch cards aren't fully functional, but when I search Gale Sayers and don't get half his listings because they are defaulted to Garrison Sanborn, it is very frustrating indeed.