Harvey's Address List???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhens76

Prospect
Hey TTM guys,
I get most of my addresses from the bench database. I've recently heard good things about Harvey's address list. I'm thinking of getting it, but before dropping the cash I wanted to get opinions.... is it worth it?
http://www.sportsaddresslists.com/

thanks for your input.
J

best list out there, hands down... and he has great "customer service" if you do get a Retrun to Sender.

would you say his list is better than a site like sportscollectors.net or about the same.

If you are sending to athletes that "everyone" sends to like Bobby Doerr, Dave Dravecky, Steve Buechele, Jeff Reardon, etc. than sportscollects.net may be your best bet, as there are so many entries logged in their database you'll get an actual address. When you start trying to get obscure players the list is the way to go. You'll find many players on SCN that have half-a-dozen or less requests logged in their database and all the address will say is "Harvey 10." This is where Harvey's list can be invaluable. I purchased the football list three years ago and will probably get a 2012 football list. I would say SCN is strongest for baseball, followed by football and pretty much a tie between basketball and hockey.

Really depends on your goals for the hobby. For example, if you're a casual TTMer, just sending out for fun. Probably not. However, if you are building sets, and need those obscure players not everyone sends to, then, yes, it would be invaluable. So, to answer your question...it's really up to you. What are your goals?

agree with the previous too when comparing SCN with Harvey. They do kind of compliment each other.

I agree also with ragtop12 Harvey is a great book on all sports
he will send an up date for a year if a player moves
also i belong to a site i will not mention but if you put in a new player an an address it list you as doing so but i would think that person would do so an state they received /sucess of that address just do not post an address to post it

thanks for all the input guys.
I think right now SCN is probably the best for what I'm trying to do right now.
Happy New Year.