has inflation and the cost of living affected your card buying?

has inflation and the cost of living affected your card buying?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crankbait09

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
just curious

with inflation and the rising cost of living, have many of you have had to cut back on the amount of cards you buy within a given month?
has it affected you at all?

When I was working...I would buy at least a box of every baseball product. With the cost of everything going up (plus I retired 5 years ago).....I have to pick and choice which product to buy! Best regards, David PS My insurance has gone up up and up for the last 3 years....3 yrs ago it was up by $300.00, 2 yrs ago $200 and this year $200.00. $700.00 in three years!

a while back i created a thread asking why the cost of these hobby boxes have increased drastically over a short amount of time. At that time I never thought it was inflation, but rather, I assumed it was due to the rookies that you had a chance to get. I have always stayed within $200 or less for a hobby box. a couple years ago, some of my norms were well over $200 and some even in the $300 range. so once they hit the $200, i was out. now i really think it has to do with inflation. yes and no for me. it doesn't affect my buying, cause i still buy the hobby boxes as long as they're in that $200 or less range. but on the other side, the card prices have gone up, pushing the boxes out of that price range im after. so i could also play the yes card.

My spending habits only change when I'm laid off. I may get less for my money, but I still spend the same.

Geez, I thought the price of boxes was out of control in 1992 which was the last time I ever bought a box of cards. That means I'm either old or cheap or both. LMAO!

I only buy collections as it is the best way to get bang for your buck. I have no shortage of quality cards doing it that way. I do have to say that I am absolutely shocked at the price of current unopened material. I just don't get it and I've been collecting for longer than I care to remember. It doesn't hurt that I have almost no interest in modern era cards so I don't feel I am missing anything

I am a little surprised that prices of unopened are still rising since the real hot period for cards ended about 2 years ago. I figured prices may have some down with interest in the hobby wanting from the peak of 2021 or so.

Being forced into retirement and living on a fixed income has cut into my card spending in a major way.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online

No members online now.