Help Figuring Out Topps 2010 Topps Series I Clue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rarthur

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Not sure if anyone has seen Beckett's article detailing the 2010 Topps Pie In The Face Variation SP's. Here's the link: http://beta.beckett.com/item/7481353/?tab=tabArticles&p=978301#ViewArticle

At the end of the article it reads:

And there’s another hidden SP in 2010 Topps Series 1. The company offered this hint: “Who would Abe Lincoln’s favorite team be?”

Anybody have any idea which team the SP would be of? I guess it will make everyone double check all of their team cards at least.

Ok I'll bite on this one. The obvious choices would be the Cubs or White Sox because they are located in Illinois. The Nationals would also be an obvious choice due to their location in DC. The Marlins would be an outside shot due to their penny pinching ways. But if I had to take a guess and this is an actual riddle, my guess is the Yankees. Good thing I paid attention in history. That and Topps has a mild obsession with anything Yankees.

All seem good points. I think all of those teams were brought up in the Beckett message board as possibilities. I wish I had copies of those cards to know for sure

That is kind of a lame Photoshop job. The picture is barely recognizable. I forgot about most Southern Illinoisans being Cardinals fans.

I think thats pretty lame because all of the old timer cards like that in 2010 Topps are SP's anyways right?

I think thats pretty lame because all of the old timer cards like that in 2010 Topps are SP's anyways right?

Lame - yes - and the answer to your question is yes as well. I havent busted any of this yet. Hope to this week. Local store said they would have jumbos tomorrow. From what I have heard, a lot of the SPs that they did this year were done last year as well. I wish they would be a little more creative and pick different players. I dont need cards of Babe Ruth every year.

Thanks,

Jeff

Lame - yes - and the answer to your question is yes as well. I havent busted any of this yet. Hope to this week. Local store said they would have jumbos tomorrow. From what I have heard, a lot of the SPs that they did this year were done last year as well. I wish they would be a little more creative and pick different players. I dont need cards of Babe Ruth every year.

Thanks,

Jeff

I was lucky enough to pull a Cy Young #50B SP out of only 6 Hobby Packs and 2 Retail (Got it in a Hobby). Today is the last day I'm trading/selling it here before it goes to Ebay. But the main reason I like these is that it gives every collector a reason to buy the cheaper product. Plus I've pulled 3 of these SP's in the last year so that's always some added value! I also got 3 of the Jeter, Mantle, Bush in 2007, seems like they always have these "accidents" and they always increase awareness of the Topps Series I

I was lucky enough to pull a Cy Young #50B SP out of only 6 Hobby Packs and 2 Retail (Got it in a Hobby). Today is the last day I'm trading/selling it here before it goes to Ebay. But the main reason I like these is that it gives every collector a reason to buy the cheaper product. Plus I've pulled 3 of these SP's in the last year so that's always some added value! I also got 3 of the Jeter, Mantle, Bush in 2007, seems like they always have these "accidents" and they always increase awareness of the Topps Series I

I dont mind the SPs. I just wish there were different players from last year. I am still trying to find most of series 1 and 2 and a handful from U & H. My bigger problem from what I have heard is the # and size of the insert sets. Way too many. So much so that I am probably not going to build any of them and just stick to the base set.

Thanks,

Jeff

I dont mind the SPs. I just wish there were different players from last year. I am still trying to find most of series 1 and 2 and a handful from U & H. My bigger problem from what I have heard is the # and size of the insert sets. Way too many. So much so that I am probably not going to build any of them and just stick to the base set.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

They do have a few different SP's this year. I think there are 6-8 Yankees Pie Face cards. If you thought getting the old timer sp's was hard, just think how hard it will be to get these with all the Yankees fans out there.

Jeff,

They do have a few different SP's this year. I think there are 6-8 Yankees Pie Face cards. If you thought getting the old timer sp's was hard, just think how hard it will be to get these with all the Yankees fans out there.

I agree. It is just that they have repeated a number of the same players in the SPs. I have on interest in them. I also dont like that they focused so many of them on one team/theme.

Thanks,

Jeff