Help identifyin card - 2000 Fleer Tradition Ripken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ragtop12

MVP
5.00 star(s)
OK, so I got a Cal Ripken Jr. card I am not sure what it is. Any help? I have no access to a scanner, but here is a description:

It looks identical to the 2000 Fleer Tradition card. However, the inside photo goes to the borders (so no white border on the front), and the front is glossy. The back is also the same but the card stock is white, and not that beige/gray like the base set.

I thought it was the glossy set, but it isn't since the glossy set has borders. Then thought it might be twizzlers, but no mention of Twizzlers anywhere.

Any ideas?

This is just a guess but it may be from the Glossy Hawaii set. I know the set has a stated print run of 1 of 1 but I am not sure if the cards were actually numbered. If this is indeed the card you have congratulations!!

Bryon

This is just a guess but it may be from the Glossy Hawaii set. I know the set has a stated print run of 1 of 1 but I am not sure if the cards were actually numbered. If this is indeed the card you have congratulations!!

Bryon

From what I can see, the Glossy Hawaii has a large foil stamp on the front of the card, so doubtful.

I wish it was the glossy Hawaii! However it is not. The Glossy Hawaii are the same as the regular glossy but with the gold squareish stamp on the front. Thanks for the input though!
Obed

From what I can see, the Glossy Hawaii has a large foil stamp on the front of the card, so doubtful.

Per Beckett: The 2000 Fleer Glossy set was released in early December, 2000 and features a 500-card base set. Please note that you only receive 455 of the 500 total cards that make up this set per sealed factory set. Card 451-500 are short-printed and are inserted into sets at five per factory sealed set. Cards 451-500 are serial numbered to 1000. It's assumed a total of 10,000 sets were issued based upon the insertion rate of the serial #'d "high series" cards.
So it probably came from a glossy factory set.

Per Beckett: The 2000 Fleer Glossy set was released in early December, 2000 and features a 500-card base set. Please note that you only receive 455 of the 500 total cards that make up this set per sealed factory set. Card 451-500 are short-printed and are inserted into sets at five per factory sealed set. Cards 451-500 are serial numbered to 1000. It's assumed a total of 10,000 sets were issued based upon the insertion rate of the serial #'d "high series" cards.
So it probably came from a glossy factory set.

It isn't one of the glossies. The glossy cards look identical to the regular Fleer cards, with a white border around the picture on front. This card does not have the white border.

I have a 1998 Fleer Tradition Ripken without any gold stamping on it. I have never been able to find any information on it either. My guess is it may have snuck out the back door during the Fleer Bankruptcy Auctions of 2005.