Help indentifing card set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teamsets4u.com

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Found these in the garage with a not that says 1995 BB HOF - Knowledge in a Nutshell but can not verify that.
I have 35 cards is that the set?
Cards are index card size.

P1010002.JPG

There's this set listed in Beckett:

1980-87 SSFC HOF Card
"The 1980 SSPC set was commonly known as the Baseball Immortals set. This standard-size set honored all of the members of the Hall of Fame. When the set was first issued the first 10,000 sets made indicated first printing on the back. This set continued to be issued as new additions were inducted into the Hall of Fame. Baseball writers Bill Madden and Fred McMane wrote the text used on the backs."

In Beckett's usual, thorough manner, they don't mention ANYTHING about what the set looks like, whether it was actually numbered or the physical dimensions. I don't have my Standard Catalog handy, but I'm willing to bet it's identified much more completely.

----

Actually, reading the description again, it says "standard-size", so I'm assuming they mean 2.5"x3.5".

Last edited:
I have that set and it looks like this.
!BiCvlQwCGk~$(KGrHqEH-CMEsL!qp43,BLMZmR0HDw~~_35.jpg

Also this set has Williw Stargell that was not elected to the HOF until 1988

Ok, how about this (from the 2006 Standard Catalog):

1995 Baseball's Hall of Famers Creating History (accompanied by a chest-up shot of Spahn)

"This boxed set of large-format (2 7/8" x 4 1/2") round-cornered cards was designated "Flash-Pack/Knowledge in a Nutshell". it was described as the first in a series. Card fronts feature borderless black-and-whte or color photos with no player identification or other graphics. Black -and-white backs identify the player, provide a career summery and date of selection to the Hall of Fame. The unnumbered cards are listed here alphabetically. The boxes set originally retailed for $9.95."
Complete Set (36): $20 NM/M
Common Player: $0.50

Cap Anson
Ernie Banks
Edward G. Barrow
Roger Bresnahan
Lou Brock
Roy Campanella
Alexander Cartwright
Henry Chadwick
Oscar Charleston
Jack Chesbro