Help needed identifying baseball autos!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsucolonel

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I just recently picked up about 300 cut sigs of player from the 1910's, 1920's,1930's,1940's, 1950's and 1960's. They were all collected in the mide to late 70's. The players range from HOF player to guys that had short carreers. I have identifed 90% of them over the last few weeks. There are 50 left that Im having trouble with. Since there are some many, I not posting the picks here but you can see them by using this link:
http://public.fotki.com/nsucolonel/autographs/sports/baseball/unidentified-baseba/

If you could please look at them and post the picture number with a name u think it is.
EX: #25 Babe Ruth

I would appreciate any help yall could give me. This pickup was a big addition to my collection. Here are some of the big names/tough sigs that I got:
Hank Aaron
*** Wee Reese
Jacko
Hans Lobert
Johnny Vander Meer
Hank Greenberg
Marty Marion
Bobby Thompson
Mark Koenig
Luis Aparicio
Frank Robinson

Plus many more.

As soon as Im done going through and naming all of them, I will post pics on my site of all of them.

Thanks again in advance for all yalls help.

Jason

Have these identifications by scan number:
0071: Phil Masi
72?
73: George Metkovich
74: Not sure which Bob Miller
75. Mike Flanagan
76. Johnny Gorsica ?
77. Tom Haller
78. Lee May
79. Joe Adcock
80. Milt Pappas
81. Eddie Pellagrini
82. George Selkirk
83. Dick Sisler
85. Nick Strincevich
86. Garry Templeton
87. Bob Turley
88. Jim Turner
89 and 90. George Uhle
91. Pinky Whitney
92. Whitey Wietelmann
93. Taft Wright

45. Minnie Minoso
46. Irv Noren
47. Taylor Douthit
48. Solly Hemus
49. Bobby Richardson
50. Del Ennis ?
51. Bob Saverine
52. Bob Scheffing
54. Joe Nuxhall
55. Jimmy Outlaw
56. Stan Hollmig
57. Rich Nye
58. Bill Johnson
59. Eddie Joost ?
60. Denny Lemaster
61. Don Lenhardt
62. Mike Kreevich
63. Turk Lown
64. Johnny Logan
65. Whitey Lockman
67. Tony Lupien
68. Dario Lodigiani
69 and 70. Willard Marshall

May have some slight misspellings, but it'll get you there on baseball reference, if needed. The one's w/o comments are 99% sure identifications based on me having or knowing the signatures. The others I may be able to get with a little bit of research.

1) Phil Masi
2) Dal Maxvil (possibly)
3) George Mitterwald (possibly)
4) Bob Miller
5) Mike Flanagan
6)
7) Tom Haller
8) Lee May
9) Joe Adcock
10)
11) Eddie Pellagrin
12) George Selkirk
13) Dick Sisler
14) Bob Speake
15) Nick Strincevich
16) Garry Templeton
17) Bob Turley
18) Jim Turner
19) George Uhle
20) Same as 19
21) Elmer Valo
22) Pinkey Whitney
23) Whitey Witelmann
24) Taft Wright
25) Minnie Minoso (Possibly)
26) Irv Noren
27) Taylor Douhit
28) Solly Hemus
29)
30) Del Ennis
31) Bob Saverine
32) Bob Scheffing
33)
34) Joe Nuxhall
35)
36)
37) Rich Nye
38) Billy Johnson
39) Eddie Joost
40) Denny Lemaster (possibly)
41) Don Lenhardt
42) Mike Kreevich
43) Turk Lown
44) Johnny Logan
45) Whitey Lockman
46)
47)
48) Dario Lodigiani
49) Willard Marshall
50) Same as 49

Thank you both for your help. I did look at baseball reference. But after 200+ autos all the sigs started looking the same. I did come to the same conclusion on many of the ones yall named. Thanks again for the help.

jason

Stumped on the last 3. Maybe not even MLB players or ball players at all. Could have been coaches, trainers, etc.

Maybe not even related to spoorts.

I won a lot of cuts years back and had a few I never was able to ID either.

Stumped on the last 3. Maybe not even MLB players or ball players at all. Could have been coaches, trainers, etc.

Maybe not even related to spoorts.

I won a lot of cuts years back and had a few I never was able to ID either.

I just emailed the pics of the last three to my dads friend who is an expert on autographs. Ill see what he says.
Are there any sigs you are looking for?

Jason

My Dodger wantlist for that era is on my user page at the bottom. You can check against yours if you like. I need some obscure ones now, with most of the more common ones nabbed already.

I have not spent the time figuring out the more obscure players I don't have yet, pre 50s. That list will be larger and larger as I get back past the 40s.

If you have any players who never hit the 50s and played for the Dodgers in the 40s or earlier, let me know. I may still need them.

I'm almost certain #46 reads "Eadie Lubeau". I am also pretty sure #33 reads "Ruhu Schwabb".

However, I cannot find any information on these people.

Tim