Hey Everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FyffeRedDevils

Prospect
I am Kevin and I am new to the bench. Big Braves / Cubs fan, and also grew up on Alabama football. Just posted for the first time last night. I am trying to finish off a 1965 Topps baseball set that I have been working on for a few years. Right now I am 41 cards away from completing the set. Next, I will probably work on 1972 Topps baseball and/or 1984 Topps football.

I found out about The Bench on twitter. I follow a few guys on there that trade and one of them mentioned what a great opportunity it was to find things you like to collect, inexpensively (as long as the postal rates stay reasonable lol). I am @bubbawrigley if you want to follow / followback.

Anyway, I'm in my late 30s, been collecting since I was a kid. I buy off of eBay more than I sell, and I tried listia, but got a burned a few times there, so I'm hoping for a better experience here. From what I've seen so far, this looks similar to the Topps Million Card giveaway a couple of years ago, where you could trade online with people. I really enjoyed that promotion.

I've been trading with a couple of guys through the mail for years, and I hope to make a few more connections similar to those as I learn to use this site. Thanks!

Welcome to the Bench. Do you collect all cubs cards? Or just putting together Topps sets from different years. Im also a Braves fan. You'll really enjoy it here. The people here are great and are great for the hobby.

My Cubs collection is a lot slimmer than my Braves. With the Braves, I try to collect just about every card that is produced each year, but with my Cubs collection, I just try to get 1 card of each player that has ever played for the Cubs.

As far as the Topps sets, I have a set-building list from 1952 until current, but I am only seriously pursuing the 1965 set presently. I eventually want to work on some other sets, but I want to knock out '65 first.

Hi Kevin - Good luck with your collections! I am working on the 65T set in EX and above condition. I have some for trade if you're interested. What condition are you looking for?

I'm not on the board too often but keep me in mind for trade possibilities!
Mort-

Hey Mort, I sent you a tweet. Thanks, -Kevin @BubbaWrigley
Hi Kevin - I checked your list and I can use the 65T #260 (Drysdale). Do you have a want list of 65Ts? It would be helpful if you have the player names with the numbers as many of my cards in the 60s are in alphabetical order (don't ask :) ).

16 - Morgan
134 - Mantle World Series
330 - Ford
340 - Oliva
382 - Martin
389 - Larsen
399 - Herbert
400 - Killebrew
430 - Peters
431 - Cardinals Rookies
470 - Berra
477 - Carlton