Hitting Streak Contest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thanks for the contest.

Game 1: Logan Morrison (hit)
Game 2: Adam Lind (Blue Jays) (hit)
Game 3: Nolan Reimold (Orioles) (0-4)
Game 4: Dustin Pedroia (Red Sox)
Game 5: Ian Desmond (Nationals)

Last edited:
Two hours +/- until first pitch, still time to get in.

**Side note - going forward if you could include the team name of the player, it would be helpful. Thanks.**

1. Rafael Furcal 3-5
2. Matt Kemp 2-5
3. Carlos Gonzales 1-5
4. Brandon Phillips 0-4

Thanks for the contest!!
Joe

Last edited:
23 entrants - 11 are gone after the first day.

We say, better luck next month to - redsoxfan1979, jaybo374, cmcjr99, redsguy, dasoxfan, dragonslayer913, tribefan, kirbyfan34, gwynn fan, loftheb, david k.

For those that remain - first pitch is today at 1pm, all picks (post edits) must be in by than. And thank you for adding team names.

23 entrants - 11 are gone after the first day.

We say, better luck next month to - redsoxfan1979, jaybo374, cmcjr99, redsguy, dasoxfan, dragonslayer913, tribefan, kirbyfan34, gwynn fan, loftheb, david k.

For those that remain - first pitch is today at 1pm, all picks (post edits) must be in by than. And thank you for adding team names.

This site (and only this site) doesn't let me log in every day. Have fun!

And than there were 6.

After Day 2, we say goodbye to - grapler135s, entersandman, mke, dacubs?, fatrat, mm1sub.

First pitch today is at 2:05EST, for those remaining, please have your post edited by that time. Thanks.

And than there were two....
Anglinomics & jscatman remain as 4 took a doughnut yesterday, including your esteemed host.

Good luck to the remaining two!

jscatman took the doughnut in game 4 to be eliminated.

anglinomics got a hit in game 4 and than didn't make a pick for game 5.

So the first edition of the 'hit streak' ends with a whimper and no winner.

I will do this again next month - if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better, I am more than willing to listen.

Thanks to all for participating!!

jscatman took the doughnut in game 4 to be eliminated.

anglinomics got a hit in game 4 and than didn't make a pick for game 5.

So the first edition of the 'hit streak' ends with a whimper and no winner.

I will do this again next month - if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better, I am more than willing to listen.

Thanks to all for participating!!

I didn't pick game 5 because I thought I was the last man standing.

true, if it was down to two after three games, in game four one gets a hit, the other doesn't, he wins, unless of course the minimum is five games to win outright. i didn't re-read the rules in first post.

paul

true, if it was down to two after three games, in game four one gets a hit, the other doesn't, he wins, unless of course the minimum is five games to win outright. i didn't re-read the rules in first post.

paul

Thanks Paul, I overlooked that requirement. I would have picked Ian Kinsler and he didn't get a hit.

Last edited:
I didn't pick game 5 because I thought I was the last man standing.

I am nothing if not fair and understanding. Since it is my contest and I make the rules - I am giving a one time only second chance, since this was the first edition. Anglinomics will have a chance to pick one hitter from Tuesdays games - get a hit and we will call it a five game streak.

I'll take Prince Fielder for Tuesday's game. I realize that this is for tomorrow. Thanks for the chance Andy. I really would have been wrong though yesterday.

Last edited:
i didn't check the stats, did fielder get a hit for you?

and andy, is another game gonna start up after this first one is over?

thanx,
paul

i didn't check the stats, did fielder get a hit for you?

and andy, is another game gonna start up after this first one is over?

thanx,
paul

Yes - Fielder got a hit yesterday and the Rays are probably kicking themselves for not walking him in that situation! Which of course means that Anglinomics is the winner of the initial hit streak contest.

Yes - I will start another one on May 1st. Probably with some tweaks to make it a bit more interesting.

Hoepfully all participants will return and some new ones as well.